This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by michelev-9 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
May 9, 2019 at 2:03 pm #3776899

michelev-9

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I am trying to change the current page's language to Dutch instead of english. But after I selected 'Translate' on another language, it grayed out the 'Language of this page' box and now its set to the wrong language. Screenshot: hidden link

Is there any documentation that you are following?
No

Is there a similar example that we can see?
??

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

May 9, 2019 at 3:32 pm #3777741

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi and thank you for contacting WPML Support!

I will be happy to help you with this.

From what I can see, you have 2 languages set on your site: NL and EN.

The way WPML works is that, depending on what flag do you have selected at the top of your WordPress dashboard, that will be the language that it will create the page/post into.

The normal way most of our users are using WPML is that they create a page into the default language of the site (in our case, that's NL) and then they translate it in English.

You can't change the language of a post/page the way you are trying to do it. That area is used for showing multiple info like what language is a post/page in and what language is the parent-post/page in.

I hope that this information helps.

Please let me know if something is not clear or if you still need help 🙂

I will be waiting for your response.

Kind regards,
Mihai Apetrei

May 13, 2019 at 8:37 am #3796091

michelev-9

Oh ok, thanks you for the information!

I would also like to know, how to remove the text "This post can be translated in english" as shown in the screenshot:
hidden link

May 13, 2019 at 8:45 am #3796155

michelev-9

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!