This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 10.53 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
August 22, 2019 at 5:44 pm #4441903

chanonJ

I set default language from english to Thai
but when I click save
page is refresh but default language still english

August 22, 2019 at 6:02 pm #4442097

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Thank you for contacting us. Where are you updating the default language? You are doing this through the WPML > Languages > Site Languages > Change default language?

If not, please change the default language by following the steps above and see if the problem persists.

Thank you.

August 23, 2019 at 1:47 am #4443293

chanonJ

Yes. I doing this
WPML > Languages > Site Languages > Change default language

August 23, 2019 at 10:20 pm #4449947

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Thank you. I'll need to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site - preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible - in order to be of better help.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Note:

*** Please let me know exactly what steps should I follow to see the problem. What language do you want to default?

*** Please, can I install the Duplicator plugin (or All in One Migration) to make a copy of your site and install it on my test environment? This will help me debug the problem.

*** Note: Please make a full backup of your site.

Privacy and Security when Providing Debug Information for Support: https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Thank you.

The topic ‘[Closed] Can't change default language’ is closed to new replies.