Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.4 before reporting any issue

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Cristina 4 years, 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Mohammed.

Author Posts
October 13, 2015 at 3:52 pm #724003

Cristina

I am trying to: Change how to translate strings in the theme and plugins. When I change to "Translate the theme and plugins using WPML's String Translation" and click "Save", the page reloads and nothing happens.

URL of (my) website where problem appears: hidden link

I expected to see: I expect the page saves my option.

Instead, I got: I get a PHP error on the debug log: PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 71 bytes) in /home/therightsfactory/www/wp-content/plugins/wpml-string-translation/inc/potx.php on line 148

I've tried to allocate more Memory on wp_config file, to remove all others plugins and to activate the default theme. Nothing works.

October 14, 2015 at 9:27 am #724525

Mohammed
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Arabic (العربية )

Hello Cristina,

Thank you for contacting WPML support forum,

It seems that it's a server configurations issue. Because you already have put your hands on the problem and did the proper step.

But from the debug information you provided, The memory limit is 128 which is too little, I suggest you to contact you server support and ask them to increase memory limit to 500M.

Please follow up with the thread if you still have the problem after increasing the memory limit.

Thanks.

October 14, 2015 at 9:44 am #724548

Cristina

Thanks mohammed.

I solved it by deploying WordPress again.

Thanks 😉