This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno 5 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
May 15, 2019 at 2:01 pm #3817453

ingeborgV-3

We translated our client's website from Dutch into English using WPML.

Our client wants to make some changes in the page settings for English, but the changes are not saved/allowed.

For example, please refer to the screenshot attached. In the original homepage in Dutch, there's one slide used. For English we want to select a different slide, but when we click on 'save change' then nothing happens: the same slide for Dutch remains the default for English as well.

Do you know where this problem comes from?

Some background information: we are a small translation agency and sometimes translate website for our clients with WPML. We have no background in web design, so please have that into account when providing an answer (please do not use very specific vocabulary and explain clearly where each option/button is located).

Tell us what you are trying to do?

Is there any documentation that you are following?

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site?

May 15, 2019 at 7:28 pm #3819897

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Thank you for contacting us. This is probably happening because these options are marked to be synchronized between both languages.

Go back to the page that you select the slider and at the bottom of the page look for "Multilingual Content Setup" metabox. Make sure you find some option like "slider". If yes, select the "Translate" option and click on the "Apply" button.

You can see a bit more detail in our documentation: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-custom-fields/

If the problem still persists, I'll need to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site - preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible - in order to be of better help.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Note:

*** Please let me know exactly what steps should I follow to see the problem.

*** Please, can I install the Duplicator plugin (or All in One Migration) to make a copy of your site and install it on my test environment? This will help me debug the problem.

*** Note: Please make a full backup of your site.

Privacy and Security when Providing Debug Information for Support: https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Thank you.

The topic ‘[Closed] Can't change page settings’ is closed to new replies.