This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Noman 2 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Noman.

Author Posts
August 8, 2019 at 2:29 pm #4363821

lucasV-4

I am trying to: install WPML and had contact with Lauren before

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

I expected to see:

Instead, I got:

August 8, 2019 at 2:30 pm #4363823

lucasV-4

Sorry Lauren, lost you somewhere in space....

August 8, 2019 at 2:56 pm #4364077

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. Could you please follow below steps and let me know how it goes?

1. I have noticed that your website’s WP Memory Limit is 40MB. The WP memory limit needs to be increased, it's different than php memory. PHP memory is fine but WordPress uses 40Mb as default in your site. Minimum requirements for WPML are 128Mb: https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/

Please add this to the top of wp-config.php to increase WP memory:

/* WP Memory Limit */
define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M');
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );

2. This problem might be related to a Javascript conflict. Could you please open a Javascript console in the browser (usually F12 key) before pressing Back/Next button? And let me know if you find any warnings/errors in console after pressing that button.

3. Please check for a possible theme and plugin conflict. To do that you can switch back to any default theme (e.g. Twenty Seventeen theme), Disable all plugins except WPML and see if this issue goes away with default theme and only WPML activated?

4. If still issue persists, please enable error reporting at you site as I need to see the detail of the error log. You can see how to enable debug logging here:
https://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/
https://codex.wordpress.org/Debugging_in_WordPress

To enable it, open your ‘wp-config.php’ file and look for ‘define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);’. Change it to:

// Enable WP_DEBUG mode
define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );

// Enable Debug logging to the /wp-content/debug.log file
define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

// Disable display of errors and warnings 
define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );
@ini_set( 'display_errors', 0 );

define( 'SCRIPT_DEBUG', true );

After adding the above code please try to reproduce the issue and this will create debug.log file in your site's wp-content directory. Please send me its contents.

Thank you

August 9, 2019 at 2:18 pm #4371093

lucasV-4

Hi Noman, I'm already handling this with Lauren, your support colleague. So you can clos this

August 9, 2019 at 2:19 pm #4371095

lucasV-4

Hi Noman, I'm already handling this with Lauren, your support colleague. So you can close this ticket

August 9, 2019 at 2:21 pm #4371107

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Ok great, closing it. Hope your issue gets solved soon. Have a great weekend 🙂