This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
October 1, 2018 at 12:46 pm #2778170

kaiF-7

I am trying to: I am on an english product an whant to link to an english page, but I can't chose the language for this link?!

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link

I expected to see:
The link at the end of the productdescription (Find out more: The Secret of Japanese Whisky) have to go to an english page.

Instead, I got:
The link at the end of the productdescription (Find out more: The Secret of Japanese Whisky) go to an german page.

October 3, 2018 at 4:14 am #2783488

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Thank you for contacting us. Please, my sincere apologies for the delay in answering.

How is this link being added? Are you using the native WordPress editor or are you using Translation Editor to do the translation?

Also, are you adding the translated link to the language parameter? Or are you trying to sync the link automatically?

Thank you.

October 7, 2018 at 8:23 am #2793584

kaiF-7

I use the native WordPress editor and I think the Link sync automatically?!

Thank you and regards

October 8, 2018 at 11:06 pm #2797532

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Not exactly. You must use the full link for the secondary language in the secondary page as well.

To avoid this, you must use WPML Sticky Links, which allows you to use the post/page ID instead of the full URL. You can see more details in our documentation: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/sticky-links/

Following the steps in our documentation, the URL should be displayed correctly on the secondary language front end.

Thank you.