This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 21 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Itamar 1 week, 4 days ago.

Assigned support staff: Itamar.

Author Posts
August 19, 2019 at 2:13 pm #4416727

maciejM-15

I am trying to:
I click "continue button" in quick setup for translation management but it does nothing.
There is a question "Who will translate this site?", I'm checking "only myself" option and then I'm trying to click "continue" but it doesn't work.

August 19, 2019 at 3:35 pm #4417153

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. Could you please follow below steps and let me know how it goes?

1. I have noticed that your website’s WP Memory Limit is 40MB. The WP memory limit needs to be increased, it's different than php memory. PHP memory is fine but WordPress uses 40Mb as default in your site. Minimum requirements for WPML are 128Mb: https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/

Please add this to the top of wp-config.php to increase WP memory:

/* WP Memory Limit */
define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M');
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );

=== Please backup your database and website ===

2. Please upgrade your server’s PHP version to a higher level: https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/

- PHP is 5.6.34 which is good, but it's advised is to use more up-to-date version for better performance and stability. You can contact your website hosting company to upgrade this for you.

3. This problem might be related to a Javascript conflict. Could you please open a Javascript console in the browser (usually F12 key) before pressing Continue button? And let me know if you find any warnings/errors in console after pressing that button.

4. If still issue persists, please check for a possible theme and plugin conflict. To do that you can switch back to any default theme (e.g. Twenty Seventeen theme), Disable all plugins except WPML and see if this issue goes away with default theme and only WPML activated?

Thank you

August 19, 2019 at 3:47 pm #4417213

maciejM-15

Hi,
I changed wp memory to 256mb and php to 7.3, I have deactivated all plugins except wpml and I changed theme to Twenty Seventeen, but it still doesn't work. Javascript console shows many errors. I'm pasting screenshoot. Please let me know what it means.

Thanks

August 19, 2019 at 3:54 pm #4417341

maciejM-15

Sidenote: these errors are only showing up when WPML plugins are activated

August 20, 2019 at 8:02 pm #4426267

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi, and thanks for following Noman's suggestions.

Noman is not available today, so I'll continue to handle this ticket. I hope that it is alright with you.

Can you please let me have access to your site so I can continue to check this issue?

If you need further help with this, please share the access details to your site with me.
I'm enabling a private message for the next reply.

Privacy and Security Policy

We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

**IMPORTANT**

- - Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access. --

Thanks,
Itamar.

August 21, 2019 at 5:41 pm #4434245

Itamar
Supporter

Hi and thanks for the access details.

Currently, when I check your site an go to WPML -> Translation Management, it looks set up already and I don't see this problem. Please see the attached screenshot.
Have you fixed this issue already?

August 21, 2019 at 6:22 pm #4434547

maciejM-15

It was ok because guest01 user was not added as "translation manager". Now, when I added it there is the same problem as with main user - you can't click "continue" button.
Please log in again and see. Also javascripts errors are visible again.

August 23, 2019 at 2:43 pm #4448223

Itamar
Supporter

Hi and thanks for the extra details.

I can now see the issue on your site.

I've also deleted the Translation Management add-on and installed a fresh one in case something was damaged with the copy that you had. Unfortunately, it didn't help. Therefore I'm consulting out second-tier supporters. When I have an answer from them, I'll reply here.

Thank you for your patience.
Itamar.

August 24, 2019 at 8:01 am #4451061

maciejM-15

Thank you,
please let me know if there is something you can do about it, if not I will go for a refund.

Thanks

August 26, 2019 at 7:43 am #4456469

Itamar
Supporter

Hi.

Our second tier supporter suggested installing a fresh copy of the WPML Multilingual CMS (core) plugin. And also to delete the cache. I've installed a new version of the plugin. The W3TC cache plugin was not active but I'm not sure if you have any other cache plugin or method on your site.
Do you have any other cache methods on your site?
In any case, the problem still persists. So I installed the Duplicator Pro plugin on your site and created a copy of it so I can continue to debug the issue on my local server. And if needed I'll escalate it to our second tier supporters. I'll check things and keep you updated here.

Thank you for your patience.
Itamar.

August 26, 2019 at 8:41 am #4456869

maciejM-15

Hi,

I've installed fresh core plugin and deleted all cache files but the problem is still there.

August 26, 2019 at 11:27 am #4457951

maciejM-15

Even without access to translation management I have added translations through page editor and everything works fine, so if access to translation management is not necessary I'm fine with what I've got. Anyway if you will have some solution to make "continue" button active please let me know.

August 27, 2019 at 11:20 am #4465777

Itamar
Supporter

Hi.

With your site's copy on my local server, I do not get this problem. When I go to WPML -> Translation Management, I can set my user to be the Translation manager. Please see the attached screenshot. It seems that the issue is only happening on your server.
Do you have the possibility to create a staging site with the copy of your live site on your server?
If so, then please do that and share with us the access details to the staging site.
For this, I'm enabling a private message for the next reply.

Edit: Please also share the FTP access details.

Regards,
Itamar.

August 27, 2019 at 2:33 pm #4467715

maciejM-15

I checked that the button works on a staging site... what to do?

August 27, 2019 at 7:59 pm #4469543

Itamar
Supporter

Hi,

Our second tier supporter suggests that I'll examine the wp-config.php file for any declarations that might cause this issue.
Can you please share with me the FTP access details to the live site where the issue happens?
A private message is active for the next reply.

Thanks,
Itamar.