Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.5 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Joanna 2 years, 2 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Joanna.

Author Posts
September 6, 2017 at 3:14 pm #1362193

ramon

I am trying to: Import product in multiple languages and connecting them

Instead, I got:

2 products not connected

September 7, 2017 at 9:33 am #1363277

Joanna

Hello Ramon,

Could you please tell me:
1. What steps do you follow to import your products?
2. Are these products exported from another site or did you create XML/CSV files manually?
3. If you exported products from another site, did you have the same versions of WPML plugins and WooCommerce on the old site and on the new one?

Related documentation:
https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/wpml-all-import-plugin-website-import-with-wpml/

September 7, 2017 at 10:31 am #1363380

ramon

I need help with this and it is really urgent. I follow your tutorial and i still cant get the result i want

September 8, 2017 at 11:01 am #1364934

ramon

1. The steps that are explained on the wpml all import page

2. The products are exported from another site using wp all export

3. Diferent versions

September 10, 2017 at 4:34 pm #1366504

Joanna

Hello Ramon,

The issue may happen because you had different versions installed. However, if it's okay with you, I'd like to replicate the issue locally to see how it can be fixed. For this, I'll need a Duplicator snapshot of your current site and the files you are trying to import.

If you already know how Duplicator works (http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/), please send me the installer file and the zipped package you downloaded.

Here's a great tutorial on how to use it: hidden link.

Please send me both files (you probably want to use DropBox, Google Drive, or similar services, as the snapshot file will be quite big). Your next reply will be private, which means that only you and I will be able to see it and have access to it. You can paste the links to the files there. You can also install the Duplicator plugin, create a snapshot and share the credentials to your website. I will then download the files from the admin panel. However, you'll still need to share the CSV/XML files with the products and their translations that I need to test.

If you choose to share the credentials, I'd also be able to check the issue on your website in case I'm unable to replicate it locally.

Once the problem is resolved I will delete the local site.

September 12, 2017 at 3:14 pm #1368982

Joanna

Hello Ramon,

Thank you for the files. I'll replicate your site locally and check if I can replicate the issue as well. I'll get back to you with my findings.

September 18, 2017 at 5:40 pm #1375592

Joanna

Hello Ramon,

I checked everything and it turned out that your CSV files are missing a unique connector. As it was written in the tutorial I mentioned in one of my previous replies, you need to have a connector that has the same value for the same products in each language version.
If the unique connector is missing or its value is different for each language version, WPML All Import has no idea that the products have to be connected.

In this case, the easiest way would be to add an additional column to your CSV files and fill them with unique numerical values. Make sure that the value is the same for the same products in each language version.

Before importing, please make sure that you have the latest version of WP All Import active. There were some compatibility issues with WPML fixed in WP All Import 4.4.9.

Also, please make sure that all your product taxonomies are created on a new site and properly connected with their translations before you start importing.

Related documentation:
hidden link (video)
https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/wpml-all-import-plugin-website-import-with-wpml/

Please let me know if after adding the unique connector, you still have issues with importing your products with correct connections between languages on your installation.