Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.4 before reporting any issue

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 27 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by jamesB-17 7 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Ahmed Ibrahim.

Author Posts
March 21, 2019 at 8:57 am #3397043

jamesB-17

Hi Ahmed,

I still get the same result in doing this. Have you any other solution as to what may be causing this?

Thanks

March 21, 2019 at 4:54 pm #3413183

Ahmed Ibrahim
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Arabic (العربية )

Timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

I was able to duplicate it check here: hidden link
and you will see the pages builder elements.

Please let me know if it works as expected now.
Best Regards.

March 22, 2019 at 8:53 am #3438619

jamesB-17

Hi Ahmed,

Yes, this is what I wanted, but I also see a load of the same page in the system and are all in the text version did you do something specifically for this page to work?

Thanks

March 22, 2019 at 3:41 pm #3442041

Ahmed Ibrahim
Supporter

Hi,

If the original page works correctly so the translation should also work without issues, you only need to duplicate it to the second language and it will copy the content from the original language.

I think that there could be an issue with this builder, for example, check this page: hidden link it is in the original language but the text is displayed instead of the builder module and if you clicked on the "Page Builder" tab it will be empty.

I think this is not related to WPML and you should check with their developers what is the issue with this.

Best Regards.

March 25, 2019 at 10:52 am #3452269

jamesB-17

Hi Ahmed,

Am I correct in saying: you believe there to be a problem with the page itself rather then the WPML plugin? The possible cause is the builder in some way.

I did manage to dupe/ translate each of these pages into different languages after noticing this issue of which it came with the layout builder elements so I'm not entirely sure this would be the case, maybe a specific to the language upon install haven't tried removing the language and re-adding as of yet. Could this be worth a go?

Thanks

March 25, 2019 at 3:01 pm #3455191

Ahmed Ibrahim
Supporter

Hi,

I don't think that removing the language and adding it again could make any difference, because as I mentioned it could be related to how the builder deals with the content and how it handles the change between the normal text and the page builder elements.

You have mentioned:
"I did manage to dupe/ translate each of these pages into different languages after noticing this issue of which it came with the layout build"

so do you still have the same issue with any other pages?

Best Regards.

March 26, 2019 at 8:58 am #3460517

jamesB-17

Hi Ahmed,

Yeah, the issue still lies with most of the pages, any new page I create now works perfectly fine. The project for the site was going to go we were going to roll each language out in phases and I rolled out the Thai from the same pages I'm using to do the Dutch but they worked in Thai but not in Dutch.

Kind Regards

March 27, 2019 at 12:51 pm #3471213

Ahmed Ibrahim
Supporter

Hi,

I still want to recommend you to check with the page builder support if they know about this and if they have an easier way to fix it because I think this is more related to how their plage builder handles the content.

Best Regards.

April 3, 2019 at 9:24 am #3523957

jamesB-17

Hi Ahmed,

Sorry for the delay on my reply, we were waiting on a reply from page builder as well as doing further tests to try and fix the issue.

We have now had a reply from Site Origin, page builder, and they are part of your current compatibility program. They have advised us to deactivate all of the plugins except wpml and the page builder and the classic editor and then see the results. We have done this and still have the same problem.

New pages work some of the older ones don't when translating into dutch.

Just keeping you updated, not sure if you have any other ideas.

Kind regards

April 4, 2019 at 1:23 pm #3535249

Ahmed Ibrahim
Supporter

Hi,

I think the issue can be replicated also without WPML, as I can replicate it at the default language, if you created a normal page with some page builder widgets, and then clicked on the button "Revert to editor", the page builder elements will be disappeared and you will get the code in the normal editor, and if you tried to revert back to the page builder editor, you will not get your elements back again, so can you please check with them why this happened, and if they have any steps that could help to reload the elements again from the standard editor to the page builder editor?

An example English page: hidden link

If they don't know how to fix this situation, so I think you will have to delete the corrupted pages and to create or duplicate them again.

Best Regards.

April 4, 2019 at 2:07 pm #3535675

jamesB-17

Hi Ahmed,

As a general rule we never use the revert to editor button however, you do raise a good point so we will follow up with Site origin about this as this may solve the issue.

Thanks for your help on this I will update you when I hear back from them.

Kind Regards

April 4, 2019 at 2:20 pm #3535767

Ahmed Ibrahim
Supporter

Thanks for understanding and please keep me posted.

April 11, 2019 at 7:33 am #3584453

jamesB-17

Hi Ahmed,

We've had some back and forth with Site origin about this and they want us to set up a new blank testing site so that the revert to editor and copying it back over works.

In terms of the site we've made the decision of rebuilding the site from scratch as this will then eliminate the fact that translating into dutch doesn't currently work.

Thanks for your help on this.

Have a great day!