Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.4 before reporting any issue

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Noman 1 year, 7 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Noman.

Author Posts
April 17, 2018 at 4:54 am

mikeE-8

I am trying to: Delete categories for active languages.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

hidden link

I expected to see:

Ability to delete the category for "French" and "Chinese". I was able to delete the category for Japanese, Portuguese and Spanish. But I can't delete the last 2 languages that were added and don't know why.

April 17, 2018 at 10:02 am #1657789

Ankit

Hi,

Thanks for contacting support and providing details of site.

1. Could you please let me know if this issue is happening only for "Uncategorized" categories in different languages OR does it happen for newly created categories as well?

2. Could you please deactivate all non-related wpml plugins and switch to default wordpress theme, check if similar issue still persists or not? If not, then please activate the deactivated plugins one by one and check if issue appears. If all the plugins are activated and issue is not appearing, activate your theme and check if issue appears.

This can be somewhat non-trivial task, so it will be better if you can perform this test on development/staging server of your website.

IMPORTANT: Please take database and file backup of your website before performing these steps, it may require in case something goes wrong.

Regards,
Ankit G.

April 21, 2018 at 11:36 pm #1745223

mikeE-8

Hi Ankit,

We only have 1 category in the native lang. called "News & Updates". I'm not sure why the other categories were created when those languages were added. Some of them could be deleted, so I deleted them, but not sure why some of them can't be deleted. Some setting must have changed via all our work with WPML support.

I disabled what I could, but they still can't be deleted.

April 23, 2018 at 4:26 pm #1773471

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Mike,

I am Noman from WPML support. Ankit is not available now and I am going to handle this ticket.

Wp-admin and FTP login info that you have provided is not working. Please provide temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP Login info) to your site – preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible, so that I can look into your setup and try to solve this issue.

Your next answer will be private which means only you and I have access to it.

=== Please backup your database and website ===

✙ I would additionally need your permission to de-activate and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is really important

Thank you

April 23, 2018 at 6:31 pm
April 24, 2018 at 10:17 am #1785953

Noman
Supporter

I have logged into your site and can't see french and chinese categories-- see attached screenshot and advice further.

Thank you

April 24, 2018 at 10:24 am #1786202

mikeE-8

Yea, I added/removed some languages, but the issue is the same.

See all the categories that can't be deleted?

We only want to have the "News & Updates" category, but the others can't be deleted. How do we delete all categories except "News & Updates"

April 24, 2018 at 12:04 pm #1788151

Noman
Supporter

Hi Mike,

I have followed below steps:
- Go to WPML >> Support >> Troubleshooting link
- Press ‘Clear the cache in WPML’ button
- Press ‘Remove ghost entries from the translation tables’ button

And issue is gone as you can see in attached screenshot.

Thank you

The topic ‘[Closed] Can't Delete Language Categories’ is closed to new replies.