This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
I am trying to disable the language switcher found in the toolbar at the top of the site using the WPML > Languages> Menu Language Switcher option. I can not find a way to disable it.

Solution:
This language switcher is coming from your theme and you might be able to disable this from Theme Options OR using below CSS code.

.mk-language-nav {
    display: none !important;
}

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by lauraC-26 6 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Noman.

Author Posts
March 27, 2019 at 4:23 pm

lauraC-26

I am trying to disable the language switcher found in the toolbar at the top of the site using the WPML > Languages> Menu Language Switcher option. Although I can add an additional language switcher using this option, I can find no way to disable the existing one.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

Because there are no active language switchers, I do not expect to see any language switcher in the toolbar. However, I can not find a way to disable the existing one.

March 27, 2019 at 4:50 pm #3473913

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. It seems this language switcher coming from your theme and you might be able to disable this from Theme Options OR using below CSS code.

.mk-language-nav {
    display: none !important;
}

And it will look as in attached screenshot.

Thank you

March 27, 2019 at 5:08 pm #3474141

lauraC-26

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!