This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

how to increase the width length of a drop-down rectangle for language switcher

Solution:

add the following code snippet to Custom css code box from your theme options page.

.striped_language_switcher_list {
    width: 200px !important;
}

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Janice Di 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Dennis.

Author Posts
May 21, 2019 at 2:50 am

Janice Di

I am trying to: add Menu language switcher, which does not appear exactly. So, I want to fix the Menu language switcher firstly. If we can't fix Menu language switcher, Please let me know how can I modify CSS of the language switcher. Because when I see our web, I can see language switcher, But which does not looks good.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: Home & all pages.

I expected to see: Menu language switcher exactly. OR Please let me know how can i modify css of language switcher

Instead, I got:

May 21, 2019 at 7:53 am #3852835

Dennis
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Manila (GMT+08:00)

Hi,

Welcome to WPML Support forum.

I noticed that the your menu language switcher is being handled with your theme (please see attached image). You should be able to modify the its CSS by putting your custom css codes in your template options (please see attached image).

If you prefer to use the WPML menu language switcher please follow this guide.

https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/language-setup/language-switcher-options/

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Dennis

May 22, 2019 at 4:04 am #3860685

Janice Di

Hi Dennis,

Thanks for your help. But I can't understand it exactly. Please let me know the CSS code. I want to increase the width length of a drop-down rectangle. Because I can see two lines with Chinese(traditional) and Chinese(Simplified). I want to make one line like Malay & Japan.

May 22, 2019 at 7:43 am #3862627

Dennis
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Manila (GMT+08:00)

Hi,

What I meant to say is that you're using a language switcher which is part of your theme, thus using the CSS style that came with your theme.

Anyway, could you please try to add this code snippet to Custom css code box from your theme options page?

.striped_language_switcher_list {
    width: 200px !important;
}

Save.

I am not sure if it will work seamlessly with your theme. Since the language switcher came with your theme, you may need to ask the theme author regarding this issue if you still need further assistance.

Kind regards,
Dennis

May 27, 2019 at 3:33 am #3893347

Janice Di

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!