Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.5 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bigul 2 years, 9 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bigul.

Author Posts
February 13, 2017 at 10:37 pm #1207305

karelG

I want to disable translation for most Avada custom fields, however, these radio buttons are greyed out. I tried editing wpml config.xml but that didn't change anything.

February 14, 2017 at 11:07 am #1207793

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi ,

Thank you for contacting the WPML support. We are happy to help you.

Hope you are using the latest version of WPML(3.6.3) and WordPress(4.7.2). To help you faster, I've enabled debug information for this support ticket. Please see this link for how to get this information from your site and give it to us: http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

Hope you are using the latest version of Avada theme. Are you using a child theme?

Please let me know the few of the custom fields which you are trying to disable.

--
With Regards

Bigul

February 15, 2017 at 2:35 pm #1209154

karelG

Debug info added.

February 16, 2017 at 10:33 am #1209896

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi,

Thank you for the updates. Please do the following steps after a full site backup and check the fields translation status is changed or not.

1) Add the following in *wp-config.php* file

define('ICL_REMOTE_WPML_CONFIG_DISABLED', true);

2) Edit the *wpml-config.xml* file of Avada theme root. You can edit the action value to *copy* or *ignore* like the following. Or you can remove the Avada custom fields from WPML config file. Please check this article for more details https://wpml.org/documentation/support/language-configuration-files/

<custom-field action="ignore">pyre_displayed_menu</custom-field>
<custom-field action="copy">pyre_display_copyright</custom-field>

3) Deactivate and activate WPML plugins

4) Visit WPML>>Translation Management>>Multilingual Content Setup>>Custom fields and check the fields translations status is modified.

--
With Regards

Bigul