This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: When I edit the danish prices (DKK) and press save, it deletes the price. I tried doing this with other currencies (Polnish Zloty) and I was not able ro reproduce this issue.Solution: The client decided to add all products from scratch (manually), and it worked.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Marcel 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Marcel.

Author Posts
July 15, 2019 at 12:42 pm

arekP

I am trying to: edit the danish prices (DKK), but everytime i press save, it just deletes the price. I tried doing this with other currencies and it works, just not danish DKK. I tried everything you have suggested in the forum (I hope), but still nothing.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

I expected to see:

Instead, I got:

July 15, 2019 at 3:31 pm #4212841

Marcel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. May you have a Staging/Test environment where I can deactivate your Plugins & Theme? If no, please let me know. I can setup a Cloudways installation where you can easily migrate your site for further testing.

Please let me know.

Best Marcel

July 15, 2019 at 4:49 pm #4213565

arekP

Hi Marcel

First and foremost Thank you so much for helping out, you sir need a cape<3

Well this site/domain is pretty new, so I do not have a staging environment (sorry, I know..)

I have tried to deactivate most plugins and followed a lot of suggestions here on the forum before posting, but after a lot of hours, still nothing.

Here is what have: If I set DKK as default currency everything is good, but I then end up with problems with USD. Everything is also good if I set a currency value, that calculate the prices, but I really want to do this manually.

I have imported the products from my main site, and I somehow suspect that something has gone rotten in the import process?? I really do not know what the problem is, if you could just give me a clue I would be forever grateful:)

July 17, 2019 at 8:11 am #4227185

Marcel
Supporter

Hi Arek,

thank you 🙂

In the JS console, I can't detect any errors. As you said you used imported products, did you tested if this also happens with new, manually created products?
a
Could you please add me your PHP error log?
To enable it, open your wp-config.php file and look for

define('WP_DEBUG', false);

Change it to:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);

In order to enable the error logging to a file on the server you need to add yet one more similar line:

define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

In this case, the errors will be saved to a debug.log log file inside the /wp-content/directory.

Depending on whether you want your errors to be only logged or also displayed on the screen you should also have this line there, immediately after the line mentioned above:

define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', true );

The wp-config.php is located in your WordPress root directory. It’s the same file where the database configuration settings are. You will have to access it by FTP or SFTP in order to edit it.
If you open wp-config.php and that define statement is not there, you can add it right before this line:

/* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

Please note that you’ll see everything, not only related to our Plugins.
This will most likely include messages from other plugins, your theme and sometimes even WordPress core. The messages appear all over the place.
Sometimes they appear right on top, but they can also appear in the middle of the page.

DOC:
https://codex.wordpress.org/Debugging_in_WordPress

Please report me the errors you are seeing.

Kind Regards
Marcel

July 17, 2019 at 8:20 am #4227237

arekP

Hi Marcel

Thank you so much for your reply:) Well, last night I decided to add all products from scratch (manually), and it works.

Thank you for taking a look, and thank you for an awesome product<3

July 17, 2019 at 8:23 am #4227383

Marcel
Supporter

Great to hear that it worked this way. Thanks for the kind words, Arek,

I wish you a nice day.

Best Marcel

July 22, 2019 at 8:17 am #4254781

Marcel
Supporter

As this is already solved I will close this ticket.