This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by kenL-6 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Laura.

Author Posts
May 18, 2019 at 8:33 am

kenL-6

I am trying to: edit woocommerce product the default language (English)

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: "This field is locked for editing..."

I expected to see:

Instead, I got:

May 18, 2019 at 3:09 pm #3839179

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

thanks for contacting us.

From the screenshot you sent, the product you are trying to edit is a translation, not an "original" product so it's expected you can't edit all fields. Did you try to edit the product directly in Chinese?

May 18, 2019 at 5:10 pm #3839421

kenL-6

All my product is edited in the English version as the original. The Chinese version can't edit too.
All product (except the newest created) seems missing the original Language (but they are created in English version first)

May 20, 2019 at 12:06 am #3842775

kenL-6

and when I click "Translate Woocommence product", it only shows the newest product and only this is editable in Chinese Language. But all products are created in English version, except the latest product may me accidentally create in Chinese version first which I am not sure.

May 20, 2019 at 4:33 am #3843603

kenL-6

The problem has been solved by myself. I save the product original default language again, the locks disappear and I can edit it as expected.

May 20, 2019 at 4:35 am #3843605

kenL-6

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!