This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by giuseppeD-35 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Noman.

Author Posts
July 1, 2019 at 4:09 pm #4121101

giuseppeD-35

I am trying to: set up WPML, but i can't enter my site key, it keeps loading. Same for the set up wizard, it stuck at step 2. Please help me out. Thanks

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: nunasoulfood.com

I expected to see: Easy registration and set up

Instead, I got: issues from scratch

July 1, 2019 at 7:40 pm #4122039

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. Could you please follow below steps and let me know how it goes?

=== Please backup your database and website ===

- If you are configuring WPML first time and do not have translated data yet then you can fix this issue by removing WPML and all its data completely from database, To do so, please go to WPML >> Support >> Troubleshooting (the link is at the bottom of the support page). >> There, click on “Reset and deactivate WPML”

- Activate WPML plugins and finish all steps.

Also it would be good to temporary deactivate all other plugins and change to default theme (Twenty Seventeen) during WPML installation to avoid any conflict.

I hope now you will not face any issue. Could you please check and confirm?

Thank you

July 2, 2019 at 5:12 pm #4129101

giuseppeD-35

Unfortunately resetting and deactivating via trouble shooting didn't help at all, and I am afraid when deactivating all plugins and theme that my work will be lost. What do you suggest? Thanks for further assistance.

July 2, 2019 at 7:20 pm #4129679

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Usually deactivating plugins and theme do not cause any issue in WordPress. If you take full site backup, you can restore that in case of any lost data if it may happen. Further WPML requirements are not met for your site, please follow below steps:

1. I have noticed that your website’s WP Memory Limit is 40MB. The WP memory limit needs to be increased, it's different than php memory. PHP memory is fine but WordPress uses 40Mb as default in your site. Minimum requirements for WPML are 128Mb: https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/

Please add this to the top of wp-config.php to increase WP memory:

/* WP Memory Limit */
define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M');
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );

2. Please upgrade your server’s PHP version to a higher level: https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/
PHP version is 5.5.38 which is lower than required for WPML. You can contact your website hosting company to upgrade this for you.

Please try above steps and let me know the results please. Thank you

July 5, 2019 at 5:16 pm #4153031

giuseppeD-35

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!