Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 12 replies, has 5 voices.

Last updated by Otto 4 years, 3 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Otto.

Author Posts
July 17, 2017 at 12:28 pm #1320779

Damian Stefański

I am trying to: View product variations in WooCommerce (Expand link dont work)

I expected to see: Instead, I got: I cannot expand product variations. When i deactivation all WPML plugins this element works good.

This is problem with WPML plugin and duplication Woocommerce products.

- I uinstall all another plugin - this not help.
- Standard WordPress template - dont help.
- I have new verson plugins WPML.

When you solve this problem?

Screenshot_2.jpg
Screenshot_1.jpg
July 17, 2017 at 1:33 pm #1320842

Otto
Supporter

Timezone: America/Argentina/Buenos_Aires (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting the WPML support!

The WP memory limit needs to be increased. PHP memory is fine but WordPress uses 40Mb as default. Minimum requirements for WPML are 128Mb: https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/

Can you please increase the memory limit to 256MB:
https://codex.wordpress.org/Editing_wp-config.php#Increasing_memory_allocated_to_PHP

Add this code to your wp-config.php to increase WP memory:

/** Memory Limit */
define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M');
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );

Paste it just before:

/* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

Is this happening with all the products? If you create a new one the issue appears in this new product too?

The products you already have are regular products, right? Did you import them, duplicate them or create them in any "special" way?

Kind Regards,

Otto

July 17, 2017 at 1:41 pm #1320903

Damian Stefański

Hi, thanks for reply. This is not a server problem.

When i create new product or duplicate - this new product work good. But when i duplicate another product - all old item in shop have problem with expand variation.

When i want expand old variation i must deactivation all WPML plugins and activate again. When i do this i have this (screen 1) but work good.

Many users WPML and Woocommerce have this problem. https://wpml.org/forums/topic/cant-expand-woocommerce-product-variations/

Screenshot_1.jpg
Screenshot_3.jpg
July 17, 2017 at 3:55 pm #1321087

Otto
Supporter

Hello,

Thanks.

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. It would be better to a testing site where the issue is replicated.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Maybe I'll need to replicate your site locally. For this I’ll need to temporarily install a plugin called “Duplicator” on your site. This will allow me to create a copy of your site and your content. Once the problem is resolved I will delete the local site. Let me know if this is ok for you.

** IMPORTANT **

- Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access.

- If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box. The private box looks like this:

hidden link

Kind Regards,

Otto

July 17, 2017 at 8:41 pm #1321341

Otto
Supporter

Hello,

Thanks.

I managed to reproduce the issue. It happens on the original product only, right? In the duplicated product you can expand the variations, no?

In my tests, deactivating and reactivating WPML + add-ons solves the issue.

Of course, this is not a solution but just a workaround.

Can you please confirm if the issue only happens when you duplicate a product and if the workaround works in your case too?

Then I will escalate the issue so we can find a proper solution.

Let me know your results, please.

Kind Regards,

Otto

July 18, 2017 at 5:39 am #1321491

Damian Stefański

Yes, when i duplicate product all other stop expand variation.

New product dont have this problem, but when i duplicate another product this product stop expand variation.

July 18, 2017 at 12:49 pm #1321892

Otto
Supporter

Hello,

Thanks.

I escalated the ticket to our second tier support. They will investigate further and I will get back to you as soon as they have an answer.

Kind Regards,

Otto

July 19, 2017 at 1:18 pm #1322767

Luca

I have the same problem with brunocalzature.net, how can I solve the bug?

July 19, 2017 at 1:56 pm #1322829

Otto
Supporter

Hello,

Just an update:
The issue was escalated to our development team. They will work on a fix. I'll keep you posted about our progress.

Luca, for now, there is a (not so practical) workaround: deactivate and reactivate WPML + add-ons. If you are having further issue with it, please open a new ticket so we can handle your problem properly.

Kind Regards,

Otto

August 13, 2017 at 4:26 pm #1340986

Christopher Hedqvist

Having the same issue here, any news on this?

August 14, 2017 at 1:26 pm #1341712

Otto
Supporter

Hello,

The issue should be fixed in WCML 4.2.1, just released. Can you please make a backup of your site and update it.

Let me know if this solves the issue.

Christopher Hedqvist, if you still have the problem, please open a new ticket so we can help you better. Thanks!

Kind Regards,

Otto

August 17, 2017 at 2:29 pm #1345369

Ivan Andreev

I have the same issue. Updated to WCML 4.2.1, but it did not help.

August 17, 2017 at 2:37 pm #1345375

Otto
Supporter

Hello Ivan,

May I kindly ask you please to open a new ticket for your issue? This way we will be able to help you better and also help other users with similar problems find solutions when searching the forum.

Thank you!

Kind Regards,

Otto