This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Author Posts
March 25, 2019 at 5:11 pm #3456605

stijnV

I am trying to: There are multiple product variation but the expand link is not working.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: It's in the WordPress admin area.

I expected to see: We can't edit the product variations.

Instead, I got: When we deactivation and reactivate all WPML plugins, the expand link is working again for a couple of hours/days.

March 26, 2019 at 5:06 am #3459185

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

Thank you for contacting WPML support. I'd be happy to assist you further on this issue.

It seems like a theme/plugin conflict or a PHP error that is blocking some functionalities and creating such issues, so could you please perform the below steps and let me know if that helps?

Minimal Setup

If you disable all non-related WPML plugins, switch to one of default themes, the problem persists or not?

NOTE:
+ Make a backup (both files and database) for your site before updating/proceeding anything (Always a good practice!).

Debugging

1. Please follow the debugging information provided here: http://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/ .
2. Repeat the action of creating the problem.
3. Copy and paste the contents of debug.log (log file inside the /wp-content/ directory) here for me to see.

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

April 1, 2019 at 7:18 pm #3511213

stijnV

I have enabled debug mode but I cant see any errors. For security reasons I can't leave it in debug mode and wait for the problem to happen.

I deactivation and reactivated all plugins except the WPML plugins after the problem happened. But I can only resolve the problem by deactivating and reactivating the plugin 'WPML Multilingual CMS'.

April 2, 2019 at 4:42 am #3513927

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

Thank you for the info.

To further debug this issue, could you please provide me a backup of your wp-content (without uploads) as well as database backup so I can replicate your site on my localhost and perform further debugging.

You can zip these files and upload to google drive later to share it with me.

Thanks

April 4, 2019 at 8:42 am #3533215

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

I replicated your site on my localhost and tested the issue but couldn't replicate the issue as the product variations are expandable.

Further, I went to your live site and on the Houten dinerset / dubbel product I tried to expand the variations and it's working perfectly.

So could you please check if the issue exists? If yes, please provide me the Id of the product where the issue is happening.

Thanks

April 4, 2019 at 6:52 pm #3537797

stijnV

The issue only appears after a while. So maybe not when you duplicate the site and don't realy 'use' it.

The issue is now happening on the "Born to fly" product. You can see on the edit product page that there are 3 variations but you see only one.

If you now deactivate and reactivate the 'WPML Multilingual CMS' plugin, the issue will be fixed for a while.

April 5, 2019 at 11:21 am #3543675

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

That seems strange, we recently released new versions of WPML plugins with fixes and improvements so could you please update the plugin to the latest version and let me know if this helps?

NOTE:

+ Make a backup (both files and database) for your site before updating/proceeding anything (Always a good practice!). You can use a plugin for this if you like. I often use the Duplicator plugin for this purpose. See: http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

Thanks

April 5, 2019 at 5:54 pm #3546255

stijnV

I actually just updated before submitting my previous post. So you were looking at the latest version of plugins:

- WPML Multilingual CMS, version 4.2.5
- WooCommerce Multilingual, version 4.5.0
- WPML Media, version 2.5.1
- WPML String Translation, version 2.10.3
- WPML Translation Management, version 2.8.4

I will wait for a couple of days. But I don't think this issue was fixed with the last update.

April 8, 2019 at 5:20 am #3554247

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

Sure, please keep monitoring the site, also if you can find exact steps to replicate the problem it will be much more helpful to find the solution.

Thanks

April 15, 2019 at 4:33 pm #3615033

stijnV

The issue is still there. For example on the 'Born to fly' product.

April 16, 2019 at 5:33 am #3618291

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

I can see that the "Born to Fly" product doesn't have any variations at all, Did you make any changes recently?

Thanks

April 17, 2019 at 5:49 pm #3634105

stijnV

Actually there are 3 variations. As you can see the number "3 variations" (check the screenshot). But that's all you see, they are not editable.

If you now deactivate and reactivate the 'WPML Multilingual CMS' plugin, there will be 3 variations. Please try it.

April 18, 2019 at 6:59 am #3636661

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

Yes, I can see that there are 3 variations and I can expand them without any issues, so is the problem still happening?

Also, could you please update your WooCommerce plugin and WooCommerce Multilingual plugin to the latest version.

Thanks

The topic ‘[Closed] Can't expand Woocommerce product variations’ is closed to new replies.