Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by dieterG-2 5 years ago.

Assigned support staff: Mladen Andrejic.

Author Posts
November 20, 2015 at 6:45 am #750823

dieterG-2

I am trying to:
look for a specific string, which MUST available, as it is already translated but I get really mad - Where else can I look if search function of string translation does not deliver any result - and where can I resc
URL of (my) website where problem appears:

AND:
I can not turn on the string translation for theme and plugin translation ... after saving the option "Translate the theme and plugins using WPML's String Translation" (true), the setting gets reverted (on response of saving it)

November 20, 2015 at 10:12 am #751009

Mladen Andrejic

Hello,

1. Can you please provide me your WPML Debug Informations? Here are the instructions : https://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

2. Please check if you can activate String Translation when :

- All non WPML Plugins are disabled
- Theme is set to default Twenty Fourteen

3. Activate WordPress debug.log and see if there are any errors displayed? Here are the instructions for activating it : https://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/

4. You can also check the Chrome built-in JavaScript Console for errors. To open the console go to Menu (Three Bars) > Tools > JavaScript Console

Please paste here any errors that you see in the WordPress debug.log or in JS Console.

Thanks.

November 20, 2015 at 5:52 pm #751541

dieterG-2

Hi,

thank you for your advices. In the meantime I managed the mix of po/mo and string translations. I get used to use either po/mo files and string translations parallel, because I can not turn using po/mo files - don't know why, but I can not turn on string translation for themes/plugins.

The string I looked for I could found (the po file did not correspond with the mo file on the server). I msgunfmt ed the mo file, found the strings there and msgfmt the po file to get a updated mo file and corresponding po file. (use --no-wrap !)

1. msgunfmt woocommerce-de_DE.mo > woocommerce-de_DE.po --no-wrap
2. edit po file (either with vi or poedit)
3. msgfmt woocommerce-de_DE.po

may be I will open another request, if I can't stand turning on string translation for everything - as said, for the time being, not possible ... but have other stuff to do 😉

done