This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Marcos Vinicios Barreto 3 weeks, 5 days ago.

Assigned support staff: Marcos Vinicios Barreto.

Author Posts
September 17, 2019 at 12:57 pm #4588613

larsL-17

I am a novice using WPML, just getting started. My problem: The Divi page builder has a module called Fullwidth header that has a field for the body text. This field has three more tabs called hover, tablet and phone. They make it possible to enter alternative text content depending on the device and screen size. I have used this option in my design and have shortened the original text, used for desktop, in the phone version.

I have now succesfully translated this page with the fullwidth header module to two different languages using the advanced translation editor. However, in the editor only the original text used for desktop shows up and can be translated. There are no strings showing that corresponds to the alternate content for tablet and phone. The consequence is that the translated page looks correct on desktop but if you change the size of the window to smaller size (or use tablet or phone) the body text will change to the original language, since no translation exists.

How can I translate the tablet and phone body texts?

(The attached image shows the body text field with phone tab active.)

Best regards, Lars

September 18, 2019 at 10:12 pm #4600065

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Bahia (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. It seems to be a compatibility issue with these modules specific features. In order to confirm that, please, proceed this way:

• Install the theme/plugin in a clean installation and reproduce the problem in this new installation. So we can isolate it and do some testing without the interference of server settings or other plugins
  • After this, I will check the problem in this new installation and look for a quick solution
    If I can not find a solution, I will forward the problem to our compatibility team.
  • The compatibility team will do some more testing and will contact the product author to fix the issue

I created a test website with a clean WordPress install. You can access it through this link:
hidden link - Through this link you will be automatically logged in.

Please upload the (theme/plugin) to this test install, setup it the same way as in your website (using the same options) and create some dummy content to reproduce the issue. Please note that we only need the (theme/plugin) and the related functionality, you don't need to setup a entire website or clone your existing site. The fewer plugins the better.

After that, please send us clear steps on how to see/reproduce the issue on this test install. We will run some tests.

Please, let me know when you are ready, thank you for your collaboration, have a nice day.

The topic ‘[Closed] Can't find Divi fullwidth header alt body text for tablet in translation manager’ is closed to new replies.