Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.5 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:How can I enable the translation editor?

Solution:Go to WPML > Settings > How to translate posts and pages. From there you'll be able to choose the desired translation method (manual, classic or advanced editor).

Relevant Documentation: https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/using-the-translation-editor/#translating-taxonomy-terms

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by adoneB 1 year, 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Alejandro.

Author Posts
October 11, 2018 at 3:10 pm #2808836

adoneB

I found these instruction on WPML website:

"To enable the Translation Editor, go to the WPML -> Translation Management page and click on the Multilingual Content Setup tab. Here, look for the How to translate posts and pages section and select the Use the translation editor option."

However in my WP dashboard there's no Multilingual Content Setup tab and I don't know what to do

Thanks in advance

October 11, 2018 at 5:02 pm #2809242

Alejandro
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+01:00)

Hello Adone,
I'll try to help you solve this issue.

Sorry about this little inconvenient, we made a few changes to our plugins and we're still updating our documentation.

The Translation Editor settings is now found under WPML > Settings > How to translate posts and pages. There you will be presented with 3 choices, you can select either the classic or the advanced Translation editor and finally click any "save" button in that page.

From that moment you'll be able to use the editor whenever you try to translate a post/page.

Please remember that you need to have the Translation Management add-on/plugin active for the option mentioned above to appear, otherwise you won't find it (just a friendly reminder).

If you still don't find the editor after following the steps above then please go to WPML > Support, find the "debug information" link and paste the debug info in the dedicated section i now enabled for you so i can take a closer look at your situation.

Don't hesitate to ask if you need more details about this.

October 11, 2018 at 5:23 pm #2809303

adoneB

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!