Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.5 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 13 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Martin Pavlicek 11 hours, 1 minute ago.

Assigned support staff: Yvette.

Author Posts
November 14, 2019 at 5:13 pm #4949053

Martin Pavlicek

Hi,

I can't find (a therefore edit) the translation of my Gravity Forms in the String Translation.

I have my forms (every form has over 200 fields) translated to 8 languages, we did that through Translation Management.

The problem is: The Shipping field is not in included in the translation package. I don't know why. It's not there. So we had to translate the shipping field in the String Translation.

BUT every time I change something in the form, it immediately erases the Shipping field's translation. We have to insert the translation manually through String Translation every time over and over again.

Now we can't translate it that way, because the Gravity forms packages are not showing up in the String Translation anymore. The shipping is currently in English on all our websites.

How can we fix it? Can we somehow update the Gravity Forms packages to get the Shipping option field in to be able to translate it?

Apparently a lot of people is experiencing the same issue, e.g. https://wpml.org/forums/topic/gravity-form-is-not-showing-in-domain-list-of-string-translations/

When are you going to release a patch?

Thanks,
Martin

November 18, 2019 at 8:07 am #4962487

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+01:00)

Hello

There is a beta release for 4.3.4 that supposedly includes the ability to once again translate Gravity Form strings directly in String Translation as well as address some edge cases with regard to String Translation in general.

Please try downloading this version from your wpml.org account to see if this will resolve your issue. Perferably, you would do this on a staging site.

I wait for your feedback.

November 19, 2019 at 3:27 pm #4973923

Martin Pavlicek

Hello Yvette,

Thanks for answer. I did what you suggested - installed the String Translation 3.0.4.

I can see the Gravity forms packages in String Translation now, BUT the Shipping field's text is not there. I even rescanned the GF plugin to find new strings, it didn't help.

So there is currently no possible way for us to translate the Shipping field. It's not in Translation management as well.

Can you please take a look?

Thank you,
Martin

November 20, 2019 at 8:56 am #4977715

Yvette
Supporter

OK - yes, please provide system access and the most simple example that you have on your site of this situation.

I am opening the private area for this.

November 20, 2019 at 1:18 pm #4980547

Yvette
Supporter

OK - I see what you mean.

Please do the folllowing for me.
Create a new gravity form that only has this single block in it.

Your form is too big to debug as it is. Thank you.

November 20, 2019 at 11:12 pm #4984613

Martin Pavlicek

Hi,

it's there
ID: 73
name: WPML test form

Martin

November 21, 2019 at 11:24 am #4987329

Yvette
Supporter

Perfect. Thank you. I was able to easily recreate this issue on a new installation. This has now been escalated to our 2nd tier group for resolution.

I hope to have news for your soon.

November 21, 2019 at 11:29 am #4987361

Martin Pavlicek

Thanks.

Please keep me updated.

Martin

November 29, 2019 at 10:26 am #5041545

Martin Pavlicek

Hi Yvette,

Have you got any news regarding this bug from your 2nd tier support team?

Thank you.

Martin

November 29, 2019 at 10:33 am #5041645

Yvette
Supporter

I don´t have "official" news but I can see that they found the bug and suggested the a fix to our development group.

It requires changing some of our code. I can see that 30 minutes ago, it was pushed to a state of "under review", so I hope that I can then give you steps to fix it.

Please do keep writing in. I will also leave a note on the original work ticket to ask them what I can provide to you as a workaround.

November 29, 2019 at 10:37 am #5041699

Martin Pavlicek

Perfect, thanks!

December 11, 2019 at 1:18 pm #5107049

Martin Pavlicek

Hi Yvette,

was the bug fixed already?

Thanks,

Martin

December 11, 2019 at 2:38 pm #5107875

Yvette
Supporter

Yes - the following small code change is "approved" and will appear in the next release.

I have been told you can go ahead and implement it on your own system if you want:
In file:
"wp-content/plugins/gravityforms-multilingual/inc/gfml-tm-api.class.php - line 298" (below the "case 'radio':" line), add the text "case 'shipping' as shown below:

case 'list':
case 'select':
case 'multiselect':
case 'checkbox':
case 'radio':
case 'shipping':
case 'product':
case 'option':
	$this->register_strings_field_option( $form_package, $form_field );
	break;

That´s it. Just add that single line.

December 11, 2019 at 9:39 pm #5110803

Martin Pavlicek

Hi,

Thanks, it works! 🙂

Hope it will really appear in the next release.

Have a great day!

Martin