Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.5 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 11 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by yaronK-3 1 year, 10 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Ricardo Alday.

Author Posts
January 11, 2018 at 6:04 am #1480755

yaronK-3

Hello Otto,
apologies mate but i have another string i cant find in hidden link, can you assist again?
the string is the week days: hidden link , i actually translated the days but it seems that not all strings are translated and i cant find the rest.
in addition, can you tell me how do i update the plugin, from what i see it will make my life easier in translating listings 🙂
cheers,
Yaron

January 11, 2018 at 10:40 am #1481180

Otto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Argentina/Buenos_Aires (GMT-03:00)

Hello Yaron 🙂

You can update WPML automatically if you registered the site going to Plugins > Add New > Commercial (tab).

Or you can update it manually, following these steps
-Deactivate all WPML plugins.
-Login via FTP to your wp-content/plugins/ folder.
-Delete all WPML folders.
-Go to http://wpml.org/my-account/downloads/ and download the latest WPML Multilingual CMS Plugin, then extract it.
-Upload the plugin via FTP to wp-content/plugins/ folder.
(alternatively you could upload the .zip folder using Dashboard > Plugins > new > upload)
-Activate the WPML plugin via WP Dashboard > plugins
-Complete the setup, if needed
-Register WPML for your site (at the end of setup, click on “generate key” button)
-Navigate to Dashboard > Plugins and locate WPML Multilingual CMS
-Click on the blue link that says “Registered”
-Download and activate all needed WPML AdOn Plugins

In both cases:
❌ Before proceeding please make a full website backup! ❌

And yes, the new show without duplicating feature may help. But take into account that it falls back to the default language, not the original language of the listing.

So, if your site has EN (default) and IL. And you create a listing in EN, it will show in IL. But if you create a listing in IL, it won't show in EN. When there is no translation, it falls back to the site's default language post.

Regarding the days' strings. Where are they coming from? Is that a widget? From the theme? Do you have the chance to edit them in the theme options?

Kind Regards,

Otto

January 11, 2018 at 3:59 pm #1481826

yaronK-3

Hi Otto,
thanks for the detailed explanation, i have updated the plugin (used the auto method).
understood about the translation issue, it OK i think because i only create pages in EN (default) first and only afterwards translate it into HE lang.
the days are not edited in the theme options, its a part of the listing page and add the open-close hrs (open days) directly from the listing back office, for example: hidden link (hope this helps)
regards,
yaron

January 11, 2018 at 6:56 pm #1482111

Otto
Supporter

Hello,

Thanks.

So, those strings (days) should be part of the theme or listing plugin.

If you haven't done this before:
1. Go under “WPML -> Theme and plugins localization”
2. Make sure that “Translate the theme and plugins using WPML's String Translation” is active
3. Scroll down to “Strings in the theme” and click on “Scan the theme for strings”
4. Scroll down to “Strings in the plugins”, select the plugin you want to scan and click on “Scan the selected plugins for strings”
5. Once you followed the above steps go under “WPML -> String Translation”. All strings available for translation should display in the table you see there.

If this does not help, I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. It would be better to a testing site where the issue is replicated.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Maybe I'll need to replicate your site locally. For this, I’ll need to temporarily install a plugin called “Duplicator” on your site. This will allow me to create a copy of your site and your content. Once the problem is resolved I will delete the local site. Let me know if this is ok for you.

** IMPORTANT **

- Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access.

- If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box. The private box looks like this:

hidden link

Kind Regards,

Otto

January 16, 2018 at 9:45 pm #1486689

Ricardo Alday

Hello Yaron,

Otto is on vacation this week so I'll be covering for him.
I downloaded a copy of your plugins and theme test locally and I was able to reproduce the issue. Unfortunately, there's no easy way around it due to how the plugin stores the data for the listings.
It stores all values in the "listing settings" section of each listing in as a single serialized array. That means we cannot easily "pick out" individual words and translate them.

WPML includes some filters that allow you to decode, encode and process serialized values. You can read more about that here: https://wpml.org/documentation/support/translating-custom-data-structures/

Unfortunately, that requires custom programming work which is beyond the scope of our support. At this point I would suggest you consider contacting one of our certified partners from this link:
http://wpml.org/documentation/support/wpml-contractors/

You will get the custom assistance you need to get on with your project. Before doing so please have a look also here: http://wpml.org/documentation/support/wpml-contractors/guidelines-for-people-looking-for-consulting-help/

Best regards,
Ricardo

January 22, 2018 at 12:11 pm #1491907

yaronK-3

Hello Ricardo,
thank you for your reply.
excuse me but i don't understand...the bordered segment is translated but the below part is not able to be translated? hidden link
how can this be possible?
let me know how can we resolve this
regards,
yaron

January 22, 2018 at 7:24 pm #1492688

Ricardo Alday

Hi Yaron,

The text outlined in your image is part of a theme/plugin file string. The other text, the business hours is not. It's part of a plugin option that's stored in as an array in a database table. The wp_postmeta table to be specific. See the attached image.

WPML can read a configuration file that tells it what needs translation in themes and plugins. The file is named wpml-config.xml and it’s placed in the root folder of the plugin or theme. For more information read this article: https://wpml.org/documentation/support/language-configuration-files/#admin-texts

However, that only works if the values are stored in the wp_options table. If you are using another table (such as the wp_postmeta table in this case), for string translation, these need to be registered in WPML’s string table.

To do this, you need to use icl_register_string() function

icl_register_string($context, $name, $value)

$context – the name of the plugin, in a human-readable format
$name – the name of the string which helps the user (or translator) understand what’s being translated.
$value – the string that needs to be translated.

This page describes in detail, Translation for texts by other plugins and themes.
http://wpml.org/documentation/support/translation-for-texts-by-other-plugins-and-themes/

Hope that helps,
Ricardo

January 23, 2018 at 11:43 am #1493666

yaronK-3

Hello Ricardo,
thank you so much for your reply.
i have taken a look at the documentation provided and i have to say, its pretty tricky for me, my technical knowledge is limited and i'm afraid to mess up my site.
can you do this for me? you have access to my site and for ftp
thanks in advance
Yaron

January 23, 2018 at 5:45 pm #1494341

Ricardo Alday

I'm afraid that goes beyond the scope of this support forum: https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/

I suggest you consider contacting one of our certified partners from this link:
http://wpml.org/documentation/support/wpml-contractors/

You will get the custom assistance you need to get on with your project. Before doing so please have a look also here: http://wpml.org/documentation/support/wpml-contractors/guidelines-for-people-looking-for-consulting-help/

Best regards,
Ricardo

January 23, 2018 at 7:07 pm #1494453

yaronK-3

Hi Ricardo,
thank you for your assistance, however if its OK with you pls send this ticket back to Otto since he is familiar with my site and theme and had been successful in solving these kind of issues
thanks in advance
Yaron

January 25, 2018 at 3:12 pm #1497058

Otto
Supporter

Hello Yaron 🙂

I took a deep look at the ticket and I must say that Ricardo did a great job here to found the root of the problem.

In the other issues you had, I was able to fix them because they were configuration issues that depended on WPML.

This issue is much more complex and depends on the plugin's code.

In order to solve it, we need to contact and cooperate with the author (it is not just on us).

Of course, we are willing to do it but take into account that it may take some time. If we find a workaround, we will be happy to provide it, but that depends on the findings of our compatibility team.

We are going to escalate the issue to them, they will check, and contact the author if necessary.

Just want you to have clear expectations about the resolution time.

We will keep you posted on how this goes.

Kind Regards,

Otto

January 25, 2018 at 4:17 pm #1497185

yaronK-3

thanks Otto,
i appreciate you looking at this... well i have so many issues...in order to make the theme compatible.
pls let me know if they dont answer and i'll also open a ticket on my end.
in addition... i have some more small issues i want to bring to your attention...i guess i will open a ticket shortly (sorry for that lol)
regards,
yaron