Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by victor tio 2 years, 9 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Raja Mohammed.

Author Posts
February 28, 2019 at 3:03 am #3253376

victor tio

Tell us what you are trying to do? translating strings that I can't find in visual composer components, I'm doing, finding strings but strings that belong to the visual composer components I can't find the access point to them.

Is there any documentation that you are following? regular documentation

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site? hidden link

Screen Shot 2019-02-27 at 11.00.50 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-02-27 at 11.00.23 PM.png
February 28, 2019 at 7:34 am #3253878

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi Victor,

Welcome again 🙂

I think you are trying to translate the search for content correct me if I'm wrong. I am able to access the strings from WPML > String Translation. for testing, I have added a French translation for the text "Destination".

Please check the attached screenshot.

Let me know if you need further assistance.

Kind regards
Raja

Screen Shot 2019-02-28 at 1.00.08 PM.png
February 28, 2019 at 11:34 am #3254895

victor tio

Were my settings wrong? I couldn't find it, but you did, I even tried exact match but that phrase never showed. What am I doing wrong? This is like like a pattern for me. Most strings I can translate but some are unavailable for me, did you make some adjustments in the settings?

February 28, 2019 at 12:55 pm #3255331

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi Victor,

you have all the setting correct. Please search for the string in WPML > String translation table if you are unsure about the exact location of the string. please refer my previous screenshot, I have searched for the string Where are you going? which showed me all the available strings hidden link

If you are still facing any issues please screen capture the steps you are trying to translate the strings so that it is easy for me to identify any issues.

I hope this helps you better

Kind regards
Raja

April 11, 2019 at 7:00 pm #3592271

victor tio

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!