We have just released WPML 4.3.3. Before reporting issues please make sure to update - this version resolves all known issues with the major WPML 4.3 release

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 30 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by marcL-24 1 year, 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Laura.

Author Posts
August 7, 2018 at 11:12 am #2619910

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+01:00)

Hi,

the developers checked the issue but they couldn't find a definitive solution.
What they suggest:

- Check logs on the server and with PHP error log (WordPress debugging enabled)
- Rise these server values: memory_limit, max_execution_time, max_input_time (these are in php.ini file, you need to ask your hosting about this)
- Retry the process.
- Try in minimal setup (disable all non WPML plugins and check default theme (you might need to put the site in maintenance mode temporary until this is complete))

August 7, 2018 at 2:01 pm #2620481

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Hi,

we logged into your site to further test. We found there are issues with the Ajax requests - they don't work on your site, and this explains why the Media Translation never ends.
We would need to do other tests, including disabling plugins and switch to default theme, so you may want to put your site in maintenance mode. There are several plugins for doing this.

Please, let me know if this is possible.

August 7, 2018 at 6:21 pm #2621415

marcL-24

Hi,

I have done these tests already (with no success), but feel free to try it if you want to.

August 8, 2018 at 7:16 am #2623104

Laura
Supporter

Ok thanks, I told the developers and they will check your site soon.

August 8, 2018 at 9:18 am #2623594

Laura
Supporter

Hi,

we found a script that prevented Ajax scripts to be loaded in your wp-config.php file.
The setup should be running now.

Could you please confirm if it worked? Thanks.

August 8, 2018 at 5:51 pm #2625961

marcL-24

Some Ajax requests have disappear, so well done with that.

But the "Translation of media files" process seems to be blocked at 29%. It goes okay until 29%, then the process is blocked, even 3 hours after it began. How much time did it take to reach 100% during your test?

August 9, 2018 at 8:22 am #2627823

Laura
Supporter

Hi,

I don't know how much it took, but several hours.
From the developers team say to try again, as it should restart from where it was blocked. Also, check with the browser console if there are any errors.

August 9, 2018 at 11:31 am #2628574

Laura
Supporter

They also suggest deactivating non-essential plugins in order to speed up the process.

August 10, 2018 at 5:14 am #2631942

marcL-24

Okay, I just reloaded the process, it started from the beginning.

First step is fine :
"Running the installation ..."
"Setting the media language: done!"

Then, eigth hours latter, it is still blocked at 29%... Not sure this is normal.

August 10, 2018 at 7:41 am #2632480

Laura
Supporter

Hi,
no, it's not normal. Since you have a lot of images, the process is long (it took several hours for my colleague to end it), but it should go on.
You should see if there are errors. To check it, you should open the browser console (see here: hidden link) and check the Network and Console tabs for errors.

You should also try on the absolute minimal setup (only WPML + default theme)

August 12, 2018 at 6:48 am #2637433

marcL-24

Hi there.
Can't find a solution here. Tried with default theme, only WPML plugin, but process is still blocked. No errors listed in the brower console.

August 13, 2018 at 10:17 am #2639475

Laura
Supporter

Hi,

our developers are further discussing your case to see if it's possible to make some change on the entire Media Translation installation process.
I'll update you as soon as I have news.

August 17, 2018 at 9:29 am #2652796

marcL-24

Hi. Any news?

Thanks.

August 22, 2018 at 8:34 am #2666075

Laura
Supporter

Hi,

the developers are testing a fix in a development version, if everything is fine probably there will be a fix in the next version and possibly a patch before that.

August 23, 2018 at 8:42 am #2669119

marcL-24

Ok. Any info on when this patch/update will be available ? I am having this problem for two months now. Thanks.