This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 30 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by marcL-24 1 year, 8 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Laura.

Author Posts
October 4, 2018 at 8:53 am #2786824

George Botsev
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Sofia (GMT+03:00)

Hello
I am George from second-tier support.
I am very sorry for the delay in responding to you for that problem - it is been a tricky one.

Currently, we are working with our developers about finding a way to speed-up the process for you.
Our developers suggested that you can temporary add an index to one of your WordPress tables - and that will speed up the media upgrade process tremendously.

To add these indexes, you can run this code via a tool like PHPMyAdmin or Adminer

ALTER TABLE `dday_posts` ADD INDEX `guid` (`guid`);
ALTER TABLE `dday_postmeta` ADD INDEX `meta_value` (`meta_value`(512));

And after you have done that, you should try again the media migration/upgrade process.

I suggest that you backup your database before doing these changes, so that we are safe.

Once the media upgrade/migration process has completed - you can remove the index by executing this SQL:

ALTER TABLE `dday_posts` DROP INDEX `guid`;
ALTER TABLE `dday_postmeta` DROP INDEX `meta_value`;

Please let me know how it goes and if it is better for you that way.

Do not forget to make a database backup before executing any SQL code that changes your database.

October 7, 2018 at 12:51 pm #2793842

marcL-24

The problem is not fully resolved, but I will open another thread.