If you are having a notice about writing the .mo files please read this doc

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 30 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by marcL-24 1 year, 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Laura.

Author Posts
October 4, 2018 at 8:53 am #2786824

George Botsev
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Sofia (GMT+02:00)

Hello
I am George from second-tier support.
I am very sorry for the delay in responding to you for that problem - it is been a tricky one.

Currently, we are working with our developers about finding a way to speed-up the process for you.
Our developers suggested that you can temporary add an index to one of your WordPress tables - and that will speed up the media upgrade process tremendously.

To add these indexes, you can run this code via a tool like PHPMyAdmin or Adminer

ALTER TABLE `dday_posts` ADD INDEX `guid` (`guid`);
ALTER TABLE `dday_postmeta` ADD INDEX `meta_value` (`meta_value`(512));

And after you have done that, you should try again the media migration/upgrade process.

I suggest that you backup your database before doing these changes, so that we are safe.

Once the media upgrade/migration process has completed - you can remove the index by executing this SQL:

ALTER TABLE `dday_posts` DROP INDEX `guid`;
ALTER TABLE `dday_postmeta` DROP INDEX `meta_value`;

Please let me know how it goes and if it is better for you that way.

Do not forget to make a database backup before executing any SQL code that changes your database.

October 7, 2018 at 12:51 pm #2793842

marcL-24

The problem is not fully resolved, but I will open another thread.