This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shekhar Bhandari 4 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Shekhar Bhandari.

Author Posts
May 30, 2019 at 7:18 pm #3925783

Julie Christensen

I accidentally updated my Homepage (English) before checking the Minor Edit button and not it appears to be gone. I know in the past when this happened it affected my translations. Can you help me get the Minor Edit button back? The translation company (Acclaro) we were working with originally were able to go in and add it back then, but we are not currently working with them. Is this Minor Edit button needed to ensure there are no issues with translations? If so, can you help me add it back to the Homepage?

I keep getting the attached error as well. I have researched the FAQ's and have cleared out the icl_translations, and cleared any translations that may have been in queue. Could you please let me know what is next.

May 31, 2019 at 9:50 am #3929387

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

Welcome to WPML support. I'd be assisting you further on this issue.

If I am not wrong, you are trying to use the minor edit option on the translated page? The minor edit is available for the default language pages.

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

June 3, 2019 at 1:17 pm #3942691

Julie Christensen

Yes that is correct.

June 4, 2019 at 3:22 am #3947639

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

The minor edit option is only available for default language, so make sure you use it on the default language.

The usage of the option is:
- You create a page and it translations
- You made a slight change on the default page but don't want to minor edit to be available for the translation, this can be a grammar fix, some sentence restructured.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks

June 5, 2019 at 12:27 pm #3960367

Julie Christensen

Sir,
I appreciate the help you have provided, however I don't think you fully have read the issue I am having. Not only is the minor edit button no longer showing, I keep getting an error for jobs that are supposedly in queue, and yet there is nothing there. If you refer to the first post, I attached a screen shot of the error I am getting. Could you please advise? Thank you again for all the help.

June 6, 2019 at 3:09 am #3965481

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

Yes, I can see the message, it's not an error message that info, basically, this appears if you have translated the job before using translation editor and now trying to edit using manual editor.

There is already a ticket for this message and it will be improved in the upcoming releases.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks