This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Radu 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
July 20, 2019 at 1:50 pm #4250009

francescoF-25

I am trying to: Just remove that "Learn how to translate media" message

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: In the backend

I expected to see: Just the message gone

Instead, I got: The message

Problem is: even if I click "Read More" and then close the annoying message, it's still there. Latest updates didn't help. I've already tried to remove the addon, reinstall it. No changes. Disable WPML, remove it, reinstall it. No changes. I even cleaned the database tables. No changes.

Please just tell me how to remove that thing, even forcing it via filter, or something.

Site setup is similar to other 10+ websites I've made. Only this one has this issue.

Please.

July 21, 2019 at 6:04 am #4251351

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey Francesco,

Thank you for reaching out the WPML support!

You should be able to get rid of that element by pressing the Learn more button. Once you did that, the X close button will appear on the top right corner. Can you try this one and tell me how it goes, please?

Thanks,
Radu

July 23, 2019 at 7:28 am #4263303

francescoF-25

Dear Radu,

That is, in fact, described just as the "Problem is:" in my post. Have you even read it?

July 23, 2019 at 7:54 am #4263419

Radu
Supporter

Hey Francesco,

Can you give me access to the dashboard area so I can have a closer look at this and see what can I do to get rid of this notice, please? The next reply is set to be private so you can safely send me the credentials.

Thanks,
Radu

July 23, 2019 at 9:07 pm #4268899

Radu
Supporter

Hey Francesco,

Can you tell me if the notice from the top of the page is gone now, please? All I did was to go to Dashboard → WPML → Support → Troubleshooting link and just use the button to clear cache of WPML. Once I did this, I closed the notice and it never showed up again. You can try this on the live website too and tell me how it goes.

Thanks,
Radu

The topic ‘[Closed] Can't get rid of "Learn how to translate media" message’ is closed to new replies.