This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 3.65 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: I am trying to: see my Shop in Swedish. I expected to see the home page of the Swedish shop. Solution: You need to translate your Pages first. Please create the translations using the "+" icon.

Relevant Documentation: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/#translating-without-wpmls-translation-management

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by alexandreR-23 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Marcel.

Author Posts
September 6, 2019 at 12:07 pm #4525183

alexandreR-23

I am trying to: see the shop in Swedish

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: the home page from the swedish shop

Instead, I got:

September 6, 2019 at 2:55 pm #4526129

Marcel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hi Alexandre,

I see that you are using the folder language like /sv, so there is no need to access using the URL parameter. I want to check the language setting. For this, I would need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site
– preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible –
in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed

Your next answer will be private which means only you and I have access to it.

❌ Please backup your database and website ❌

✙ I would additionally need your permission to de-activate and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is really important.

✙ Please add the Links to the […] Edit Screen, the Page/Post where you insert the […] and the corresponding Front End Page/Screen

Best Marcel

September 7, 2019 at 4:41 am #4528541

alexandreR-23

Hello Marcel,

Thank you for your help. I have copied the debug information, I hope it's enough. I am a little bit uncomfortable with giving you admin access, so I would be glad to avoind it if possible.

Thank you

September 9, 2019 at 9:09 am #4535055

Marcel
Supporter

Hi Alexandre,

The only thing I see is a low WP memory limit. Please add this code to your wp-config.php to increase the memory of WP. This will increase the memory from 40MB to 256MB. WPML requires at least 128MB.

define ('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M'); 

Add it before:

/* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

If it's not helping, I can offer to set up a Cloudways installation where you can migrate your site simply over a plugin. With this method, I don't need to access your site/server.

Please let me know.

Best Marcel

September 11, 2019 at 10:48 am #4552745

alexandreR-23

Hello Marcel,

I still get error 404 when I click on the flag of another language. Don't know where I did something wrong.

Best Regards

September 11, 2019 at 11:15 am #4552891

Marcel
Supporter

Hi,

Would the migration to Cloudways via a plugin be OK for you? Then I don't need to access your server.

Please let me know.

Thanks
Best Marcel

September 11, 2019 at 11:16 am #4552897

alexandreR-23

Ok, let me know how does it work please.

September 11, 2019 at 11:44 am #4553057

alexandreR-23

I guess I neeed some details to fill here...

September 11, 2019 at 1:07 pm #4553565

alexandreR-23

The migration is done.

September 11, 2019 at 2:07 pm #4553997

Marcel
Supporter

Thanks,

You need to translate your Pages. Please follow this guide and create the translation using "+".
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/#translating-without-wpmls-translation-management

Let me know if you have any troubles doing these steps.
Best Marcel

September 14, 2019 at 4:53 am #4572255

alexandreR-23

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!