This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: I am trying to: see my Shop in Swedish. I expected to see the home page of the Swedish shop. Solution: You need to translate your Pages first. Please create the translations using the "+" icon.

Relevant Documentation: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/#translating-without-wpmls-translation-management

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by alexandreR-23 8 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Marcel.

Author Posts
September 6, 2019 at 12:07 pm #4525183

alexandreR-23

I am trying to: see the shop in Swedish

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: the home page from the swedish shop

Instead, I got:

September 6, 2019 at 2:55 pm #4526129

Marcel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hi Alexandre,

I see that you are using the folder language like /sv, so there is no need to access using the URL parameter. I want to check the language setting. For this, I would need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site
– preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible –
in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed

Your next answer will be private which means only you and I have access to it.

❌ Please backup your database and website ❌

✙ I would additionally need your permission to de-activate and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is really important.

✙ Please add the Links to the […] Edit Screen, the Page/Post where you insert the […] and the corresponding Front End Page/Screen

Best Marcel

September 7, 2019 at 4:41 am #4528541

alexandreR-23

Hello Marcel,

Thank you for your help. I have copied the debug information, I hope it's enough. I am a little bit uncomfortable with giving you admin access, so I would be glad to avoind it if possible.

Thank you

September 9, 2019 at 9:09 am #4535055

Marcel
Supporter

Hi Alexandre,

The only thing I see is a low WP memory limit. Please add this code to your wp-config.php to increase the memory of WP. This will increase the memory from 40MB to 256MB. WPML requires at least 128MB.

define ('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M'); 

Add it before:

/* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

If it's not helping, I can offer to set up a Cloudways installation where you can migrate your site simply over a plugin. With this method, I don't need to access your site/server.

Please let me know.

Best Marcel

September 11, 2019 at 10:48 am #4552745

alexandreR-23

Hello Marcel,

I still get error 404 when I click on the flag of another language. Don't know where I did something wrong.

Best Regards

September 11, 2019 at 11:15 am #4552891

Marcel
Supporter

Hi,

Would the migration to Cloudways via a plugin be OK for you? Then I don't need to access your server.

Please let me know.

Thanks
Best Marcel

September 11, 2019 at 11:16 am #4552897

alexandreR-23

Ok, let me know how does it work please.

September 11, 2019 at 11:44 am #4553057

alexandreR-23

I guess I neeed some details to fill here...

September 11, 2019 at 1:07 pm #4553565

alexandreR-23

The migration is done.

September 11, 2019 at 2:07 pm #4553997

Marcel
Supporter

Thanks,

You need to translate your Pages. Please follow this guide and create the translation using "+".
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/#translating-without-wpmls-translation-management

Let me know if you have any troubles doing these steps.
Best Marcel

September 14, 2019 at 4:53 am #4572255

alexandreR-23

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!