Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by yasminaY 1 year, 6 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Shekhar Bhandari.

Author Posts
December 13, 2019 at 10:32 am #5122383

yasminaY

I am trying to: Link the NL homepage to the EN homepage

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

I expected to see: the EN homepage in the list when I click on "connect with translations".

Instead, I got: the EN homepage doesn't appear in the list although it is not translated nor linked to another page.

At first, my EN page translation was ongoing so I cancel the translation job.
Strangely I cannot cancel the job for the NL page ('Mizuri Beginpagina') I intended to be the translated version of the EN one.
So, I created a brand new NL page ('Mizuri Homepage NL') and from that page, I clicked on "connect with translations" but the EN page (called 'Mizuri Homepage') doesn't show up in the list.

I'm using WPML latest version: 4.3.6, WordPress 5.3.1 and Yootheme Pro 1.22.6.

WPML-cancel-job.png
WPLM.png
December 14, 2019 at 6:35 am #5128335

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

Welcome to WPML support. I'd be happy to help you further on this issue.

Can you check please open the English page in editor and check if you can connect the translations from there, also check if the NL language on english page editor shows as (+) sign or pencil sign.

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

December 14, 2019 at 8:55 am #5128599

yasminaY

Hello,

Sorry, I'm working on several websites so I got a little confused. The site I'm referring to here has FR as default language and I'm trying to link with NL.

So, as per your instructions, I check from the FR page: the link "connect with translations" doesn't appear. And, there is a "+" sign next to NL language (screenshot attached).

Thanks.

WPLM-Fr-page.png
December 14, 2019 at 2:32 pm #5129769

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

To debug this issue further, I would need to check your site settings once, for this I would need temporary access (wp-admin and ftp) to your site.

So could you please provide me those details, you will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply.
hidden link

This info is private and available to you and WPML supporters only.
Read more about this: https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Note:
Backup your sites before providing the credentials or if possible provide credentials for the test site

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

December 15, 2019 at 10:32 am #5132941

yasminaY

I created on clone of the FR page and the NL page, linked them and set the FR page as front page...boom,problem solved!
Thank you for your help 🙂