This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by maximeS-10 5 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Alejandro.

Author Posts
May 7, 2019 at 7:52 am

maximeS-10

I am trying to: translate my header and footer as well.
About the header I have two problems, first I am trying to translate the "Se Connecter" and "S'inscrire" links into "Login" and "Sign up". In order to do so, I needed to choose the default page for login and sign up in the theme options. The problem here lies in the fact that when I am doing it, it changes only for the english version, leaving the french version blank.
The second problem for the header comes with the "Publier Maintenant" button. I am trying to translate it into "Post Ad". When I do it using the theme options, it changes for both english and french version of the page.

Now about the footer, it is the same story. When I am trying to change anything there for the english version using the theme options, all changes are reflected in the french version.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: omoja.cm and en.omoja.cm

May 7, 2019 at 11:52 am
May 7, 2019 at 1:03 pm #3758069

Alejandro
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hello,

Turns out the only thing you need to do is change the language in the language switcher (the flag on top, the one on the WordPress topbar) and you'll be able to select the correct pages for each language!

Please try it and let me know.

May 8, 2019 at 1:21 am #3762853

maximeS-10

That is what I always did, and that is exactly what is not working. When I do it, it also changes the settings in french. I just tried it once again.

May 8, 2019 at 4:19 am #3763813

maximeS-10

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!