If you are having a notice about writing the .mo files please read this doc

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: AJAX Cart issue when "Woodmart core" is active Solution: The issue has been resolved in the latest versions of Woodmart theme.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 12 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno Kos 2 weeks, 3 days ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno Kos.

Author Posts
October 9, 2019 at 9:59 am #4721555

jakubW-4

Hello,
I am working on implementing WPML to our staging site (with WP Staging) before going live.

After installing WPML the "x" button to remove item from cart stopped working, giving following error to the console:

Mixed Content: The page at '<em><u>hidden link</u></em>..../dev/?page_id=6' was loaded over HTTPS, but requested an insecure XMLHttpRequest endpoint '<em><u>hidden link</u></em>....../dev/?page_id=6&remove_item=f87fabc48c89ab7c37283a701b8a322f&_wpnonce=81a6d1c3f4'. This request has been blocked; the content must be served over HTTPS.

Error persists in both languages.

What I did so far, but without results:
- update plugins, language packs, theme
- switched to storefront default theme
- turned off all plugins apart from woocommerce, wpml and wp staging
- temporarily removed functions.php
- disabled WP Rocket and cleared cache
- enabled "Store a language cookie to support language filtering for AJAX" option

Please let me know if you need credentials to our site.

Any assistance is highly appreciated!

Best regards,
Jakub

October 10, 2019 at 5:51 am #4727451

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+01:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support!

Mixed Content can have various solutions, so may I ask you to try the following options:

- WPML - > Support -> Troubleshooting:
-- Clear the cache in WPML

If that doesn't work, can you do the following (I can see that you are using Apache):

hidden link (Redirect HTTP to HTTPS in Apache section)

Another option to try is also using this plugin, however I would suggest that you try going through server directives instead, as noted in this tutorial:
https://wordpress.org/plugins/really-simple-ssl/

You may need assistance from your hosting support, if not comfortable adding directives to .htaccess file.

Also have a look at this:
hidden link

You may need to try replacing insecure URLs using https://wordpress.org/plugins/better-search-replace/.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

October 13, 2019 at 2:03 pm #4745423

jakubW-4

Dear Bruno,
thank you for your answer.

I went through suggested solutions, but without success.

- Clear the cache in WPML - no changes
- HTTPS redirecting in .htaccess caused redirection loop and ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS error
- no changes after installing really-simple-ssl plugin
- I've analysed my database for 'hidden link' URLs but didn't find anything suspicious.

A near-to-working solution was adding <meta http-equiv="Content-Security-Policy" content="upgrade-insecure-requests"> in head. Unfortunately it does not work properly on firefox.

Any ideas about what to do next?

Best regards,
Jakub

October 14, 2019 at 6:41 am #4747365

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

Can I ask you the following then? In order to debug this issue , I will install Duplicator plugin, will create packages and will try this on my localhost and possibly escalate further to 2nd tier.

https://wpml.org/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

Let me know if this is OK with you.

If yes, I will need WordPress admin username and password so I could do this. I have marked your next reply private so you can safely add this information.

https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Please make a full backup of your site before sharing this info!

Regards,
Bruno Kos

October 16, 2019 at 9:30 am #4764105

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

hidden link

For example, when I opened this one and I click "Dodaj do koszyka", nothing happens and the cart is still empty. So the overall issues may be related to this as well.

Based on this ticket:
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/issue-when-adding-products-to-cart/page/4/#post-4738477

It seems like that there are some issues currently with the Woodmart core plugin, because I can see it all working perfectly when WPML is deactivated - items get into the cart.

This case has been escalated already to our compatibility team - I'm currently discussing this with them and I will let you know once I get some feedback.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

October 16, 2019 at 11:22 am #4764933

jakubW-4

Thank you Bruno.
I'm looking forward for your news.

Regards,
Jakub

October 16, 2019 at 11:25 am #4765003

Bruno Kos
Supporter

(changing Ticket status for internal purposes - please ignore)

October 21, 2019 at 11:09 am #4793867

jakubW-4

Hello Bruno,
do we have any news on the topic?

Regards,
Jakub

October 21, 2019 at 1:36 pm #4794941

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

I apologize for a delay, we are currently working on this. We released the newest versions of WPML and WooCommerce multilingual, but it is not working yet.
The thing we noticed is the following:

hidden link seems to never be purchased. instead hidden link can be bought though.

Can you tell me if you know what the difference is between these products? Also, does it happen if you try creating a new product and adding it to the cart?

Regards,
Bruno Kos

October 21, 2019 at 9:28 pm #4797357

jakubW-4

Hi,
the only difference that comes to my mind is that first is simple product and the second is variable product.

I've added two new products: simple and variable. They act the same way. You can't add simple product to the cart. Variable one works fine.

Regards,
Jakub

October 22, 2019 at 9:34 am #4800725

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

May I ask you something:
hidden link

This is our clean sandbox installation, but we are unable to get the same thing happening here. It all works well (e.g hidden link) - can you see in the theme settings here are the same as they are on your site, and possibly see if the issue is happening here as well?

Also please check if we are using the same theme version, along with same core plug-ins.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

October 31, 2019 at 6:34 pm #4866991

jakubW-4

Hi Bruno,
sorry for late reply.
I've checked your sandbox and verified my installation as well.
We are using WP Staging plugin for developing our site. I guess it might have caused problems with adding to cart. After changing the permalinks settings it is possible to add every product.

As we focused on adding to a cart I didn't notice when our initial problem was solved. Probably with one of the updates.

To sum up - both problems are gone. You can close the ticket.
Thank you for your support, Bruno!

November 1, 2019 at 7:42 am #4868557

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

I am glad to hear that the issue got resolved - I also see some feedback i our compatibility ticket that the latest updates (of the theme and WPML) fix the issue(s) as well. 🙂

Therefore, closing here as requested!

Regards,
Bruno Kos