Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: Can't remove translation jobs that I sent to to translator, but later cancelled

Solution: Go to WPML>Support>Troubleshoot>Reset Professional Translation State. However, you need to be extra careful you will lose all 'in progress' translations.

0% of people find this useful.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by waldemarK 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Dražen Duvnjak.

Author Posts
March 18, 2020 at 9:33 pm #5714701

neilB-15

Tell us what you are trying to do?
Trying to cancel Translation Jobs that are listed as being in progress, even though I removed them from my dashboard with the translation provider (ICanLocalize). The "X" for cancelling the jobs are grayed out; therefore I can't use the Automated WPML Advanced Translator on these pages. I do not wish to use a translation service provider, of which I currently have none activated, but I did have ICanLocalize activated previously.

Is there any documentation that you are following?
None yet, the related cases presented on your site seem relevant, but each of them seemed unique to their situation.

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site?

Translation-Jobs.jpg
March 19, 2020 at 7:39 am #5716925

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hello there,

If you want to cancel the translation of the pages sent from WPML, bear in mind that:

You cannot manually delete or cancel jobs from the Translation Jobs tab on your website.

You can cancel a translation project from your ICanLocalize account page or by contacting ICL directly.

Please check this documentation:

https://wpml.org/translation-service/icanlocalize/#canceling-jobs

Please let me know how it goes and don't hesitate to ask if you find any problem along the way.

Regards,
Drazen

March 25, 2020 at 6:55 pm #5763575

neilB-15

Hi Drazen,

They told me to click on the 'Check status and get translations' button to update the status of the jobs in the WPML Translation Managment dashboard; however, I tried this and the button/icon just went into endless rotation for about 15 minutes with no results.

I am in contact with them today and they have requested our WP login credentials to address the situation. I will notify you of the results once they have had a chance to login into our site and poke around.

Regards,

Neil

March 25, 2020 at 9:12 pm #5764173

neilB-15

Problem has been successfully resolved by ICan: "Go to WPML>Support>Troubleshoot>Reset Professional Translation State. However, you need to be extra careful with this because if you have in progress translation jobs which you already paid for and you click this button, then you will loose all the 'in progress' translations and this cannot be undone. This is why you must first check that you didn't have any jobs in progress on ICL and the reset the status."

March 25, 2020 at 9:13 pm #5764175

neilB-15

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

April 21, 2020 at 11:47 am #5959119

waldemarK

Hi, I tried the same way, but I still see all translation jobs in the list. I do not use them so I'd like to remove them.