Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Laura 7 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Laura.

Author Posts
March 27, 2020 at 11:14 am #5777561

wernerK-8

The images are in the wrong order, but it's not even possible to reorder them manually

March 28, 2020 at 2:12 pm #5785421

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+01:00)

Hi,

I tried to reproduce the issue here
hidden link
but as you can see the grid doesn't appear at all.

It's not a WPML issue, but probably I'm missing some settings because I'm not a WP Bakery expert.

Could you access the Sandbox with the link below and see if you can reproduce the issue?
hidden link

March 30, 2020 at 10:35 am #5793451

wernerK-8

Hi Laura,

thanks for setting this up. But I'm very confused about the code I see on the preview of the Media Grid. I've never seen this before and it shouldn't be like that. It should be like in my second screenshot, which is from my own website. I tried to deactivate all plugins except Bakery, but the code is still there.

So my questions are:
Is this some custom Bakery Test version?
Do you have some custom code on the sandboxed site, that replaces the images with code? Can I upload my own WP Bakery plugin on the sandboxed site to see what happens?

Hope to get to the bottom of this.

Best

Werner

March 30, 2020 at 11:14 am #5793881

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Hi,

no, I don't have any custom code in place - I took WP Bakery from our compatibility repository but yes, feel free to delete that copy and upload your own.

April 8, 2020 at 1:16 pm #5866099

wernerK-8

Hi Laura, for some reason the image grid gallery appears now on the sandboxed site. Problem is, that I'm logged out and don't know how to login again. Would you be so kind and send me the login to that I can have another look at this page?

April 8, 2020 at 2:50 pm #5867159

Laura
Supporter

Hi,

please try with this hidden link

April 10, 2020 at 1:18 pm #5884257

wernerK-8

Hi Laura,
thanks for re-activating the test page. This was really helpful!

I finally got to the bottom of my problem. After deactivating all my plugins and reactivating them one by one, I finally found the bugger: it's not WP Bakery Page Builder - it's a plugin called "Post Types Order". When all three plugins are active, WPML, Page Builder and Post Type Order, my galleries are messed up. With disabling one of them, my galleries are just fine.

So it wasn't your fault at all - sorry for bothering you for so long and many many thanks for your patience and your great support!

Happy easter

Werner

April 10, 2020 at 1:57 pm #5884425

Laura
Supporter

Hi Werner,

thanks for letting me know you found the source of the issue. I see this plugin is using JS so probably it's interfering in some way with WPML.

If you are in contact with the author, you may want to link them our Go Global program; if they need some help with the issue they can apply and we'll see to help https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/go-global-program/

I wish a happy Easter to you too 🙂