If you are having a notice about writing the .mo files please read this doc

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 20 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by igorN-6 1 year, 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Yvette.

Author Posts
September 25, 2018 at 10:16 pm #2765332

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+01:00)

Well - good news/bad news.

The good news is that I was able to finally install your cloned site on my local server. The bad news is that even with a SQL of 5.6 and PHP 7.1, the problems remain.

I am now testing to see if the issue is only with old data or also with newly created data. I will update here as I advance on the testing.

September 27, 2018 at 8:58 am #2769836

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+01:00)

Hello

Wow - your site is large.

I spent some hours trying to trim it down from the thousands of taonomies that were defined. IN the end, I eliminated all taxonomies and languages that had no data and was able to confirm that the system behaved normally

My suspicion is that the Taxonomy Translation is unable to complete a correct display of the existing taxonomies due to the size of the select but I need to now check with my colleagues about this.

Could you please tell me more about your site?
- Did WPML ever work on this site?
- Were these taxonomies created via some kind of mass import?

Thanks

September 27, 2018 at 9:19 am #2769901

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+01:00)

Hello again:

Could you please try the workaround that is mentioned in this ticket?:
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/message-some-taxonomy-terms-are-out-of-sync-keeps-showing-up-nothing-to-sunc/#post-2649223

This issue is escalated to our developers and will be fixed in future versions of WPML. Meanwhile, we have a workaround that in other cases solved this similar issues. For this workaround to work, you should know approximately how many terms you have in Products Categories. And then add this number to the following constant which you should add to the wp-config.php file of your WordPress installation.

define('WPML_TAXONOMY_TRANSLATION_MAX_TERMS_RESULTS_SET', '5000');

Please replace the number 5000 with a number that is a bit higher than the number of terms that you have.

I will be rebuilding your system here and trying this myself but my system is so slow with the size of your database so you may be able to get a quicker result.

I wait for your news.

October 8, 2018 at 9:50 am #2795413

igorN-6

Hello Yvette, I did added this command and the "out of sync" message disappeared... We will do some more tests here and let you know.

October 8, 2018 at 10:56 am #2795669

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+01:00)

Thank you. This ticket will remain open until I get your feedback.

October 9, 2018 at 6:12 am #2798337

igorN-6

Hello Yvette, the problem looks to be fixed now... cant know for sure because our server just stopped working when we replicated the categories, if we find problems again after moving servers we will open a new ticket.

Best Regards,
Igor