Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.5 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: After installing the new versions of the add-on plugins, I can't see String Translation and Translation Management in the WPML menu.

Solution: The issue is mainly due to the mixed versions of WPML plugins. Just update WPML to version 3.2.2 and the other plugins will work again.

Documentation: https://wpml.org/2015/06/wpml-3-2-released/ https://wpml.org/account/downloads/

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by omniaT 4 years, 4 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Vincenzo.

Author Posts
July 31, 2015 at 2:08 pm #671054

omniaT

Hello,

I've installed WPML Multilingual CMS Version 3.1.9.7 a few months ago, and yesterday WPML String Translation Version 2.2.2 + WPML Translation Management Version 2.0.2. to be able to have a multilingual website and to translate Formidable Forms.
After the installations I can't see the String Translation & Translation Management in the WPML menu (see img WPLMStringManagementTranslation.jpg). And I can't see the translation button to translate the Formidable Forms. (This I need to ask Formidable).

Our URL = hidden link but only visible on our network because the site in under construction. (our actual site is hidden link)

The only thing that can give a prob is maybe this: see img WPLMURLTranslation.jpg.
But when I go to: hidden link; I got a white sceen (see img Reizen.omniatravel.be_main_en______icl_validate_domain=1.jpg).
And when I go the source I have this: <!--hidden link; (see img View-source_reizen.omniatravel.be_main_en______icl_validate_domain=1.jpg).

And our .htaccess =
-------------------------------------
# BEGIN WordPress
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /main/
RewriteRule ^index\.php$ - [L]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule . /main/index.php [L]
</IfModule>
# END WordPress
----------------------------------------

Please can you help me.

Kind regards,
Veerle

August 2, 2015 at 1:57 pm #671633

Vincenzo
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+01:00)

Hello and thank you for contacting WPML support!

I will take care of your ticket.

The issue is mainly due to the mixed versions of WPML plugins.
Just update WPML to 3.2.2 version and other plugins will start working again.
Please see this blog post for more information:
- https://wpml.org/2015/06/wpml-3-2-released/

Do not worry about the second issue - domain validation. The result you get is exactly what is expected. There is just a Connection time out problem probably due to the different plugin versions or maybe you just need to update Permalinks in Settings -> Permalinks

Please let me know if you are satisfied with my answer and if I can help you with any other questions you might have.

August 3, 2015 at 3:01 pm #672312

omniaT

Hello Vincenzo,

Thanks for your answer, but I have read your info: https://wpml.org/2015/06/wpml-3-2-released/.
Did it mean that I loose everything that was made from posts, pages and configuration??

It's just to know what happens when I delete the old plugins and install the new versions.

Thanks,
Veerle

August 3, 2015 at 3:16 pm #672326

Vincenzo
Supporter

All of your pages, post and configurations are saved in the database so, deleting and replacing the plugin files will not affect your work.
Anyway, a good backup (file + database) is always advised.

August 6, 2015 at 2:57 pm #674811

omniaT

Hi Vincenzo,

I'm new in WordPress so it's still a bit searching.
I followed your instruction and successfully, thanks.
Also the Formidable forms can be translated.

The only thing is that I still have the same issue - domain validation (see WPMLLanguageURLformat.jpg).
I updated the Permalinks. We use Custom Structure (see PermalinkSetting.jpg).
The white screen and the expected value are ok.
Do you think it's ok?

Thanks for the good support,
Veerle

August 6, 2015 at 4:21 pm #674877

Vincenzo
Supporter

As long as you get the expected result in the source of the specified link AND you see the multilingual content working you should be fine.

August 7, 2015 at 9:13 am #675287

omniaT

Ok, thanks a lot.