This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by yousefA-11 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Riffaz.

Author Posts
August 4, 2019 at 10:55 am #4336167

yousefA-11

Tell us what you are trying to do?

After going through the installation process; I can't see Arabic in the drop-down menu of the website.

Is there any documentation that you are following?
Yes.

Is there a similar example that we can see?
hidden link

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

August 4, 2019 at 12:06 pm #4336245

Riffaz
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Colombo (GMT+05:30)

Hi,

Welcome to WPML Support forum.

The language switcher will be displayed on a page only if you translated that page completely.
Could you please confirm that you have completely translated your page? If not, could you please translate it completely?

Also, could you please try to enable the 'Link to home of language for missing translations' option at WPML > Languages > Language switcher options section?

Please let me know how it goes.

Kind regards,
Riffaz.

August 4, 2019 at 12:19 pm #4336259

yousefA-11

Hi Riffaz,

Thank you for your reply.

1. I didn't know I have to manually translate the pages; the reason why I picked the second option for WPML is because I thought the higher package provided auto-translation. If this is not true, can you link me to a page where it explains how I translate my page?

"Also, could you please try to enable the 'Link to home of language for missing translations' option at WPML > Languages > Language switcher options section?"

I just did.

Regards,

August 4, 2019 at 12:33 pm #4336361

Riffaz
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Colombo (GMT+05:30)

Hi,

1. Please refer: https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/advanced-translation-editor/

2. So, are you seeing the language switcher now?

Regards,

August 4, 2019 at 1:15 pm #4336479

yousefA-11

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!