Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.5 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by sarah.n 6 years, 8 months ago.

Assigned support staff: sarah.n.

Author Posts
April 16, 2013 at 3:48 am #119535

Antteam

Hi, I'd like to replace English strings on Woocommerce plugins. When I download and follow this
http://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/woocommerce-multilingual/

I can't see plugins woocommerce in context.

Please mind for I am new in WPML

Thanks

April 16, 2013 at 3:58 am #119536

Antteam

Oh ok, basically I only want to use English language, but I need to replace the plugins' string.
After defining English plus Chinese, the menu appears, but I can't replace the English string, only English to Chinese.

Thanks for your assistance.

April 16, 2013 at 5:16 am #119554

sarah.n
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Antteam,

So you want to make corrections to the English plugin strings? English is your default language?

Are you planning to create a multilingual site or are you only going to have one language?

If the latter (one language) then I would recommend to use "Codestyling Localization": http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/codestyling-localization/

April 16, 2013 at 5:31 am #119556

Antteam

Yes. I'd like to use English only and sort of replace the "woocommerce" text with other string.
Apparently the reason I bought WPML is due to frustration of using codestyling 🙁
It breaks JS and heavy.

Please advice.
Thank you

April 16, 2013 at 5:34 am #119558

Antteam

Sarah, if I create another English with let's say English2 and use it as default.
But then how to generate this English2 .mo file?

Right now I switched the language to English2 and test some translations, but the original string still shows.

April 16, 2013 at 6:01 am #119561

Antteam

Additionally, when I open the po file there's error. Screenshot attached.

April 16, 2013 at 6:04 am #119564

sarah.n
Supporter

Antteam,

WPML is used to create multilingual sites. If you are not planning to use WPML in the way it was designed to work then things get unnecessarily complicated.

Your other alternative to "Codestyling Localization" is PoEdit: hidden link

Here are three tutorials that I found for you that may be helpful:
hidden link
hidden link
hidden link

April 16, 2013 at 6:38 am #119574

Antteam

Hi Sarah, thanks for the tip.
Have you come across problem where if .mo file is placed under wp-content/languages/woocommerce
it breaks Javascript for color chooser?

thanks

April 16, 2013 at 6:54 am #119579

sarah.n
Supporter

Sorry I have not.

April 16, 2013 at 6:54 am #119581

sarah.n
Supporter

Perhaps this is something you could ask the WooCommerce developers about?

April 16, 2013 at 7:03 am #119584

Antteam

When I used Codestyling, to my disappointment, WooCommerce support even blame the plugin 🙁

Here's my experiment:
1. If I set WPLANG to be en_US but place the file as en_SG -> Javascript doesn't break
2. if I set WPLANG to be en_SG and place the file as en_SG -> Javascript breaks. this happens only if WPLANG == the .mo file name
3. If I delete WPLANG and keep the mo file there -> Javascript doesn't break

Please help me confirm.. if I use WPML, do i need to define WPLANG ?

April 16, 2013 at 7:12 am #119589

sarah.n
Supporter

Antteam, en_SG does not exist. See: http://codex.wordpress.org/WordPress_in_Your_Language This could explain your problem.

Have you considered defining WPLANG to en_US and creating your new .mo also as en_US? The English text you actually have the en_US.mo output is entirely up-to you. In theory you could have a en_US.mo output German! WordPress does not care and will not interfere here.

In reply to:

if I use WPML, do i need to define WPLANG ?

No.

The topic ‘[Closed] Can't See Woocommerce Context’ is closed to new replies.