This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Mohamed Khafaja 4 years, 6 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Mohamed Khafaja.

Author Posts
January 14, 2016 at 8:30 pm #788352

Sergio

Hello,

I use to create posts in Polish. Then I select the two checkboxes above the "duplicate" button, and I duplicate post to English.

I want to upload a different thumbnail for the English version. So I upload and select it. However when I click on "update" on the English version, the thumbnail gets replaced with the thumbnail I previously set in the Polish version.

Is there some option to change?

January 15, 2016 at 1:09 pm #788928

Mohamed Khafaja
Supporter

Timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support,

If you wish to add a different thumbnail to any of your secondary languages go to the translated post, Click on Translate independently found on the right then you will be able to upload a different thumbnail than your original post thumbnail being duplicated.

Please let me know if this resolves your issue.

Thank you

January 15, 2016 at 1:16 pm #788932

Sergio

My apologies, I forgot to write above one step. I always click on "translate independently". But there is this problem...

January 15, 2016 at 1:56 pm #788975

Mohamed Khafaja
Supporter

Hi,

I need to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site - preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible - in order to be of better help. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Please confirm backing up your website.

Thank you

January 15, 2016 at 3:29 pm #789077

Mohamed Khafaja
Supporter

Hi,

The issue is now resolved, all you need to do is to un-select "Duplicate uploaded media to translations" and "Duplicate featured image to translations" options available on the translated post (English) (Please check the attached image) then go to the featured image and and replace it with any other image you want. The original thumbnail image won't get duplicated to your translated post now.

I have already applied this to this post:
hidden link

Hope that it is clear now.

Thank you

January 15, 2016 at 3:46 pm #789098

Sergio

Thank you. It work fine.

January 15, 2016 at 3:59 pm #789109

Mohamed Khafaja
Supporter

Glad to hear that!