This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Noman 2 weeks, 6 days ago.

Assigned support staff: Noman.

Author Posts
September 23, 2019 at 4:11 pm #4625673

kristapsK-4

I am trying to: Select primary menu from menu list , both menu are showing, but when I select one- nothing happens, can't select menu, can't save menu language switcher because of that

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

I expected to see:

Instead, I got:

September 24, 2019 at 4:53 am #4628007

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support.

1. I have noticed that your website’s WP Memory Limit is 40MB. The WP memory limit needs to be increased, it's different than php memory. PHP memory is fine but WordPress uses 40Mb as default in your site. Minimum requirements for WPML are 128Mb: https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/

Please add this to the top of wp-config.php to increase WP memory:

/* WP Memory Limit */
define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M');
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );

2. Please follow these steps in order to isolate the cause of the issue:

- Backup your site first before making any change, this is for security reasons.
- Deactivate all the plugins that are not related to WPML.
- Switch for a moment to a WordPress default theme like Twenty Seventeen.
- If the issue is gone, activate one by one to see which one there is an interaction issue.

Please let me know the results, Thank you

September 24, 2019 at 5:33 am #4628077

kristapsK-4

Problem is with theme, when I enabled default theme i could select menu from menu list. I'm using Industrial theme, and it's listed as WPML compatible.
hidden link

September 24, 2019 at 5:47 am #4628119

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

I cannot find this theme in our verified compatibility theme list: https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/

I recommend you to please ask Industrial theme author so they can advise you on latest compatibility of their Theme and WPML or fix this issue.
hidden link

Thank you

The topic ‘[Closed] Can't select menu in Menu language switcher’ is closed to new replies.