This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 0.02 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shekhar Bhandari 2 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Shekhar Bhandari.

Author Posts
August 2, 2019 at 5:52 am

jasonS-17

I am trying to:
Change the Posts Page for my site. It has set itselft to a product page "parts"

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
Admin > Settings > Reading

I expected to see:
When I select the page "Blog" and save I expect to still see "blog", but it reverts to "Parts" with the attached error message (wpml-post-save.png).

Instead, I got:
When I select Blog and save, its reverts back to Parts. (only plugin enabled is the core WPML Multilingual CMS). Disable plugin and refresh page, it shows "blog". Even if at this point I select blog and re-save... the second I enable WPML again it reverts to parts.

August 2, 2019 at 6:44 am
August 2, 2019 at 6:57 am #4327289

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

It doesn't look like an issue with WPML rather than an issue with WordPress or hosting. To test this I disabled WPML and tried to change the blog post to parts and it's not working, can you confirm?

Can you check if your hosting has some settings that can interfere with these settings?

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

August 9, 2019 at 5:50 am #4367449

jasonS-17

Hi, no this is not the case for me....

Disable ALL plugins and change blog.. it works...
Enable only WPML core... and the blog reverts back to the incorrect one and is unchangeable.

Should I screencast it to show?

August 9, 2019 at 8:03 am #4368489

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Sure, a screencast will be helpful. As far as I remember, I wasn't able to change the blog page when WPML was disabled too last time.

Thanks

The topic ‘[Closed] Cant set Posts Page’ is closed to new replies.