Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by massimoS-6 4 years, 3 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Ankit.

Author Posts
August 25, 2016 at 8:07 am #1020897

massimoS-6

I am trying to: configure WPML

URL of (my) website where problem appears: hidden link

I installed all the plugins correctly (so it seems). When I try to configure the languages, the procedure stops at step 3.
Once I select which language selector I want and where to place it, when I press on "continue" (avanti in italian) the button does not work, the procedure does not go on.
I disabled all the plugins and tried again, but it still does not work.

August 25, 2016 at 8:45 am #1020975

massimoS-6

Hello,
if it can help I checked the code and found the following errors:

admin.php?page=sitepress-multilingual-cms%2Fmenu%2Flanguages.php:1
An invalid form control with name='icl_lang_sel_footer_config[background]' is not focusable.

An invalid form control with name='icl_lang_sel_footer_config[border]' is not focusable.

An invalid form control with name='icl_lang_sel_footer_config[background]' is not focusable.

An invalid form control with name='icl_lang_sel_footer_config[border]' is not focusable.

August 25, 2016 at 12:35 pm #1021578

Ankit

Hi,

Thanks for contacting wpml support. This is Ankit, I will assist you with the issue further.

Can you please do following for me?

Temporarily do not set language switcher options at step 3 and just click continue. It will setup wpml, once it is setup completely, you can go to wpml > Languages in your wordpress dashboard and then setup the language switcher options.

Let me know if any of this helps you.

Regards,
Ankit

August 25, 2016 at 4:52 pm #1022517

massimoS-6

Hi Ankit,

the problem is that the continue button does not work, I click and I remain on the same page.

August 25, 2016 at 6:01 pm #1022574

massimoS-6

I tried to do the same procedure also from IE (I used Chrome before),same result....I click on the continue button but nothing happens.....

August 26, 2016 at 6:15 am #1023248

Ankit

I would request you consider providing me with temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site in order to be of better help.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply (See attachment). The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

August 26, 2016 at 8:21 am #1023514

Ankit

Hi,

Could you please check if you are able to see WPML configured on your site?

Please mark this ticket as resolved if everything looks fine.

Regards,
Ankit

August 26, 2016 at 8:52 am #1023631

massimoS-6

Hi Ankit, yest it seems to be working now.
Thank you!