This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Noman 8 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Noman.

Author Posts
January 20, 2019 at 4:34 am #3108764

martinaN-3

I am trying to: move the language switcher DE EN further away from other menu items (more margin on the left of DE)

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: "DE" further away from "ABOUT"

Instead, I got: same results

January 20, 2019 at 6:27 am #3108827

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. You can fix this issue by adding following CSS in your theme’s or child theme style.css file OR Custom CSS section of the theme:

#menu-item-wpml-ls-57-de {
    margin-left: 35px !important;
}

And it will look as in attached screenshot. You can increase margin-left value 35px to XXpx if you need to increase distance.

Please let me know if this resolves your issue or you need further assistance.

Thank you

January 30, 2019 at 8:08 am #3142537

martinaN-3

Hi Noman,

Thanks. I pasted the CSS you gave into the custom CSS section of my theme but it doesn't seem to work. Can you please take another look? Thanks.

hidden link

January 30, 2019 at 9:11 am #3142812

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Could you please try to put that code in WPML >> Languages >> Language switcher options > Additional CSS section and let me know how it goes?

If still issue persists, please provide temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP Login info) to your site (preferably staging site), so that I can look into your setup and debug the issue.

Your next answer will be private which means only you and I have access to it.

✙ I would additionally need your permission to de-activate and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is really important.

Thank you

The topic ‘[Closed] Can't style language switcher using CSS’ is closed to new replies.