If you are having a notice about writing the .mo files please read this doc

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Noman 2 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Noman.

Author Posts
September 13, 2019 at 2:09 pm #4569265

justineC-5

Can't switch language in mobile using the dropdown menu because the current language is clickable

I have an issue similar to this one:
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/mobile-friendly-always-option-active/

But the solution posted there didn't resolve my issue.

So when you're in your mobile phone, and you want to switch a language, you need to click one of the sub menus under the main menu which is the current language.

But the problem is, the main menu with the current language is an active link. So if you are not fast enough to click the sub menus under that main menu, it will just reload the same language.

The current language should have an href="#", not the URL of the website as it will just reload the same page, without switching the language.

I hope I was able to explain myself clearly. If you need more details, I can send you a video of the problem.

For now, I'm using the list method instead of the dropdown method to temporarily resolve the issue.

September 15, 2019 at 6:48 am #4574029

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. To take a closer look on this issue, please provide temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP Login info) to your site, so that I can look into your setup and debug the issue.

Your next answer will be private which means only you and I have access to it.

✙ I would additionally need your permission to de-activate and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is really important.

Thank you

The topic ‘[Closed] Can't switch language in mobile using dropdown’ is closed to new replies.