This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Laura 6 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Laura.

Author Posts
April 16, 2019 at 7:31 am #3618973

rakT-2

When i am not logged in, i can switch languages but when i am logged in, i cant anymore. I need to work on the Arabic language and because i cannot switch, i cant work. It was working fine a few days ago and i made no changes to the website or any plugin whatsoever.

April 16, 2019 at 7:42 am #3619235

rakT-2

I changed my default language to Arabic to check, so i see the login page in arabic and when i log in, my front end profile redirect back to english and i cant change to arabic again. somehow, the system is showing me only english after log in whatever i do. It was working fine before.

Just FYI, my setting is already set to "Disable browser language redirect" so it should not detect my browser language.

Thank you

April 17, 2019 at 1:35 pm #3631309

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

I would suggest you update WPML to the latest version, which is 4.2.5.

Then, the WP Memory Limit needs to be increased. PHP memory limit is fine but WordPress uses 40Mb as default. Minimum requirements for WPML are 128Mb.
Add this near the top of wp-config.php file (after the php opening tag) to increase WP memory:

/** WP Memory Limit */
define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );

The wp-config.php file is located in your WordPress root directory. It's the same file where the database configuration settings are. You will have to access it by FTP or SFTP in order to edit it.
You can check the current WP Memory Limit value from WPML -> Support in the Info section
More info here:
https://codex.wordpress.org/Editing_wp-config.php#Increasing_memory_allocated_to_PHP
https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/

Also, please check if there is some kind of redirection in place from Arabic to English. You can use some free tool like hidden link

Let me know if this helps you or if you need further assistance.

The topic ‘[Closed] Can't switch the languages after loging in’ is closed to new replies.