This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Ahmed Ibrahim 4 years, 3 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Ahmed Ibrahim.

Author Posts
August 4, 2015 at 2:19 am #672630

Michel

I am trying to: translate this plugin

URL of (my) website where problem appears: hidden link

I expected to see: I translate 24 Strings after a scan but this is only backend. In the plugin menu, there is a tab called "translation" and everything is there. The problem is if I translate in the french version, when I come back to the english version, their are now in french. What do I have to do ?

Instead, I got:

August 4, 2015 at 1:13 pm #673049

Ahmed Ibrahim
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Arabic (العربية )

Timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+02:00)

Thanks for contacting our support forum.

we called this kind of strings an admin text , to translate this strings you have two ways , please go to WPML -> String Translation -> Translate texts in admin screens :

First way :
1- Please scroll down and find your plugin option ,
2- Choose whatever you want to translate , and click "Apply" at the end of the page .
3- Go to ST and search for it and translate it.
** Please note these strings must be entered at English at the first and then be translated at the ST.
And you will need to make this every time you change the original text
For more info : https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/ , section "Translating strings in the wp_options table"

Second way :
1- Please scroll down and find your plugin option ,
2- Choose whatever you want to translate
3- click on "Export selected strings as a WPML config file that can be added to themes or plugins" , at the top of the page .
4- Copy the generated xml code , and create a file with a name wpml-config , then past the code at the file .
5- Go to ST and search for it and translate it.
** This will trigger the update to the original text automatically .
For more info : https://wpml.org/documentation/support/language-configuration-files/

If you still can't translate them , Could you please provide me with temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site in order to provide a better help. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

+ Please make sure that you have a full backup of your website and database. (Please don't ignore this)!
+ It'd be great if you give me an access for a test site where the problem is replicated.

Please let me know if that helps you .
Best Regards.

August 5, 2015 at 1:43 pm #673890

Ahmed Ibrahim
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Arabic (العربية )

Timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+02:00)

Thanks for your data .

I have checked the Admin texts page at WPML -> String Translation -> Translate texts in admin screens , and choose for example the string "Create new ad" with key "bsa_pro_plugin_trans_form_left_header" and click apply it doesn't generate any thing in ST table , so I think you will need to do it manually , by creating a config file : https://wpml.org/documentation/support/language-configuration-files/

All you need to do is to create a file called "wpml-config.xml" , and place it at the /public_html/wp-content/plugins/bsa-pro-scripteo folder , and put the code to register the strings in it for example "Create new ad" will need this code :

<wpml-config>
	<admin-texts>
		<key name="bsa_pro_plugin_trans_form_left_header" />
	</admin-texts>
</wpml-config>

And I have made it for you , (see the attached image ).

Please let me know if that helps you.
Best Regards.

The topic ‘[Closed] Can't translate a plugin: ADS PRO – Multi-Purpose WordPress Ad Manager’ is closed to new replies.