Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.6 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 15 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Andreas W. 4 weeks, 1 day ago.

Assigned support staff: Andreas W..

Author Posts
January 16, 2020 at 3:34 pm #5306583

Maciej

When using Avia Builder, none of the content displays in the translation editor.

January 16, 2020 at 6:59 pm #5307871

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-05:00)

Please see my previous private reply and let me know once the migration has been completed. Thanks!

January 16, 2020 at 7:50 pm #5308093

Maciej

OK, it is done. Thank you.

January 18, 2020 at 12:27 am #5314385

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-05:00)

Thanks so much for migrating the site. I checked the debug log and found that there was a column missing from the icl_strings table (wrap_tag is the missing column). I manually added that column and now I can see the page builder content in the translation editor.

If you would like me to access the live site and check the database, I will be happy to. Just let me know if it is okay to install a plugin Adminer to access the database and check the structure.

January 18, 2020 at 9:42 am #5315471

Maciej

Thank you. This is a good news 🙂 Yes please, login to site and install what you need. Login and pass are the same. I have a fresh backup.

January 20, 2020 at 8:09 am #5321125

Maciej

Hello. Is it possible to fix this table soon? I created fresh backup. Thank you.

January 21, 2020 at 3:23 am #5328531

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

My colleague Lauren is sadly not available today.

As the issue was related to the icl_string_pages table I went to WPML -> Support -> Troubleshooting and used the option "Cleanup and optimize string tables".

Then I went to pages and opened the WPML Translation Editor. I was able to see the original and translated content.

Please let me know if further assistance is needed.

Kind regards
Andreas

January 21, 2020 at 2:35 pm #5333381

Maciej

Hello. It doesn't work. Still there is no content. Nothing has changed.

Best Regards
Maciej

January 21, 2020 at 11:30 pm #5336667

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

I see the issue and I would like you to install the Enfold Theme and the Avia Page Builder Plugin onto the following test site in order for me to investigate the issue.

wordpress-351980-1133585.cloudwaysapps.com/wp-login.php

Credentials:
wpml / otgs

If the issue persists on a new WordPress install, I will be able to escalate the problem directly to our compatibility team. As far I see our XML remote config does not include attributes for the image caption used by the Avia Advanced Page Builder.

An alternative might be translating the caption manually, which means that you open the WordPress Editor for the default language page and switch the flag inside of the top admin bar. Then edit the image element for the active language.

Kind regards
Andreas

January 22, 2020 at 7:33 am #5338199

Maciej

Can you read whole ticket, please? This site is already transferred. According to Lauren only one table was missing, that issue is not resolved for more than a year! Please read everything from my conversation with Lauren. There is all you need.

Best Regards
Maciej

January 22, 2020 at 3:49 pm #5342565

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

Yes, I saw and understood the issue on your site and I tested it with a slightly earlier version of Enfold without issues.

As Lauren mentioned the issue is in fact related due to issues in the database.

I applied the fix mentioned in the following errata on the migrated copy of your website:

https://wpml.org/errata/missing-_icl_strings-_icl_string_translations-data-tables/

1) Make a full backup of your site (files and database). There are many free plugins on WordPress.org for this purpose.
2) Add this code to the bottom of the functions.php file in your theme’s root folder.

function wpml_fix_missing_icl_tables() {

if( function_exists( 'icl_sitepress_activate' ) )

icl_sitepress_activate();

}

add_action( 'wp_footer', 'wpml_fix_missing_icl_tables' );

3) Visit your site’s homepage at least one time.
4) Remove the code.

Now, the only thing more you will need to do is to update the caption text, save it and update the respective page which includes the image. Now, translate again and the Caption Text will show up inside of the WPML Translation Editor.

Please confirm that you do have a backup of your site ready and provide access by FTP/SFTP access is working. I can take care of applying the fix for you if needed.

Kind regards
Andreas

January 23, 2020 at 5:49 pm #5352125

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

In fact, recreating the tables did not solve the issue.

For some reason, the column wrap_tag was missing on the table icl_strings, as Lauren mentioned earlier. I added the missing column to the table and the translation is now showing up on the WPML Translation Editor as expected.

Let me know if you need further assistance.

Kind regards
Andreas

January 24, 2020 at 8:36 am #5355201

Maciej

Hello Andreas.
This is great news. But unfortunately I had to restore site from backup. Whole styling get messed up. If only thing is to create table maybe you can give me some directions and I could create it right in phpMyadmin to avoid any issues. Is it only because of missing table or there must be some data inside? Many thanks for help!

Best Regards
Maciej

January 24, 2020 at 4:07 pm #5358163

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello Maciej,

It is actually only one column that is missing on the icl_strings table.

You will need to add the column to the table structure.

Give it the name: wrap_tag and integer(16)

You can see the icl_strings table which I fixed on the screenshot. You can use the PHPmyAdmin Interface to add the missing data to the table structure.

In doubt, please provide access to the website again and I will take care of it for you.

Kind regards
Andreas

January 27, 2020 at 9:35 am #5368401

Maciej

Hello Andreas.
Thank you for great support. I created wrap_tag, can you check is its ok? Looks good, I can see content in translation editor now. We will test it, if regular posts and pages are working and I will let you know.

Best Regards
Maciej