If you are having a notice about writing the .mo files please read this doc

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Mihai Apetrei 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
June 28, 2019 at 12:52 pm #4107473

dianaR

I am trying to: translate the checkout label related to the "phone number", I want to insert "mobile number". I inserted in the function.php file. How can I translate in all other languages?

Thanks!

June 28, 2019 at 5:33 pm #4109699

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+02:00)

Hi and thank you for contacting WPML Support!

I will be happy to help you with this.

1. Can you please let me know where I can see the label that you are referring to (is there a link on the site where I can see that)?

2. Can you please show me the code that is generating that piece of content (from my understanding, you added some code into functions.php)

3. Here is also some very helpful documentation for translating strings from the theme that were added manually:

- https://wpml.org/documentation/support/translating-the-theme-you-created/

Some other helpful documentation regarding this topic:

- https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/
- If you added some code into the theme, you might need to scan the theme once again and then use WPML > String Translation to find the strings (https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/theme-localization/)

I will be waiting for your response.

Please let me know if any of the documentation above helps.

Just a note that I won't be working on the weekend so I will be able to get back to you at the beginning of next week.

Kind regards,
Mihai Apetrei

July 8, 2019 at 2:39 pm #4163647

dianaR

Hi Mihai!

You can buy any product, for example this: hidden link

go ahead and conclude the order. Under the address and city field, there's the phone field. Now I inserted the label "Nr. Cellulare / Portable Nr. / Handy Nr." ...but I need to translate this in the other languages. How can I do?

Thanks!

July 8, 2019 at 4:51 pm #4164413

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi and thank you for the info!

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Our Debugging Procedures

I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to backup the site before providing us access. In the event that we do need to debug the site further, I will duplicate the site and work in a separate, local development environment to avoid affecting the live site.

Privacy and Security Policy

We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

**IMPORTANT**

- Please make a backup of the site files and database before providing us access.

- If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box.

The private box looks like this: hidden link

Kind regards,
Mihai Apetrei

July 11, 2019 at 4:49 pm #4192065

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi and thank you for the credentials.

I can confirm that they work.

I was trying to go through the order process for this product (hidden link) but I always get to the point in the screenshot I attached.

Can you please check?

Kind regards,
Mihai

July 12, 2019 at 1:55 pm #4199511

dianaR

really? this is strange, can you pls try with another product for example hidden link

July 12, 2019 at 4:01 pm #4200347

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi.

Sure.

I will give it a try with the new product you mentioned.

I am at the end of my shift at the moment and I won't be working in the weekend but I will get back to you at the beginning of next week.

I will also leave the ticket assigned to myself for the moment.

PS: In case you need help faster, please mark this ticket as resolved and open a new ticket or, even better, select live chat instead (you can choose from live chat or ticket, when you create a new report).

Kind regards,
Mihai

July 15, 2019 at 3:27 pm #4212791

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi and thank you for your patience.

Can you please let me know if the line you would like to translate is the one in the screenshot below? Also, can you please confirm that you would like to translate that for the English language and leave it as is for Italian for example?

Kind regards,
Mihai

July 18, 2019 at 8:01 am #4235871

dianaR

HI!

The sentence is right!
I would like to translate it into all languages. I will edit my function.php and insert "Cell phone" (for example) and translate into all other languages. Or I can insert "Cellulare" (in Italian) and translate for all other. (I don't care if I have to insert it in Italian or English before)

July 18, 2019 at 10:49 am #4237695

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Great, thank you for the confirmation.

Can you please let me know how did you add that label (Nr. Cellulare / Portable Nr. / Handy Nr.) into the checkout fields form?

I mean: where can I find it the way you added it? If you could tell me the process you followed to create it, that would be very helpful.

Kind regards,
Mihai

July 25, 2019 at 3:13 pm #4284593

dianaR

Hi Mihai! Sure I inserted the following code in the Divi child-theme folder:

function custom_rename_wc_checkout_fields( $fields ) {
$fields['billing']['billing_phone']['label'] = 'Nr. Cellulare / Portable Nr. / Handy Nr. ';
return $fields;
}

July 26, 2019 at 2:40 pm #4290185

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi.

Please use this instead of that part from the code that you have:

$fields['billing']['billing_phone']['label'] = _('Nr. Cellulare / Portable Nr. / Handy Nr. ', "my-custom-domain");

Here is some helpful documentation for that:
https://codex.wordpress.org/Plugin_API/Filter_Reference/gettext

After saving it, please see if you can now find it in WPML > String Translation.

If you don't, you might need to scan the theme that's generating the strings (the child or the main theme, depending on where you added the code) and then go back to WPML > String Translation and see if the strings show up:
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/theme-localization/

Please let me know if this solved your issue or if you still need help.

Just a note that I won't be working on the weekend so I will be able to get back to you at the beginning of next week.

Kind regards,
Mihai