Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.4 before reporting any issue

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Andrés 2 years, 10 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Andrés.

Author Posts
January 8, 2017 at 2:46 am #1176697

maksimK-5

I am trying to: translate from English to Estonian and Russian checkout page by using Translation Strings (First name, last name, Country, Address, Phone, Email Address) but translation doesn't work. But Town is translated, how it possible? And how i can fix it?

URL of (my) website where problem appears: hidden link

I expected to see:

Instead, I got:

Steps to duplicate the issue:

January 9, 2017 at 8:23 am #1177052

Andrés
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) French (Français )

Timezone: Europe/Paris (GMT+01:00)

Hello there,

Welcome to WPML support forum.

1. The first step is to check where those strings come from. Usually, they are part of WooCommerce, but depending on your theme, they could be modify them by it. For example, if you go to WPML String Translation, and you look for the string that is actually working, can you find it? Under which context is it?

2. Please check that your .mo and .po WooCommerce translation files are in
/wp-content/languages/plugins/ folder?
You can find those files here:
hidden link

Best regards,
Andrés

January 15, 2017 at 4:14 am #1182294

maksimK-5

Hi,

1. I use Betheme and WooCommerce Checkout Page Builder For Visual Composer and i understood that WooCommerce Checkout Page Builder For Visual Composer is this plugin, which doesnt give translate billing and shipping strings. Please help, how can i translate or scanning correctly this plugin?

2. .mo and .po WooCommerce translation files are in
/wp-content/languages/plugins/

January 16, 2017 at 8:21 am #1182624

Andrés
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) French (Français )

Timezone: Europe/Paris (GMT+01:00)

Hello,

Provided that you have the "WPML String Translation" AddOn installed please follow these steps:
- Go under "WPML -> Theme and plugins localization".
- Make sure that "Translate by WPML." is active.
- Scroll down to "Strings in the theme" and click on "Scan the theme for strings".
- Scroll down to "Strings in the plugins", select the plugin you want to scan (WooCommerce Checkout Page Builder For Visual Composer) and click on "Scan the selected plugins for strings".
- Once you followed the above steps go under "WPML -> String Translation". All strings available for translation should display in the table you see there.

Do you see them? If yes, all you need to do is click on "translations" next to each string you want to translate and enter + save your translations.

Documentation:
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/