This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Carlos Rojas 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Carlos Rojas.

Author Posts
August 9, 2019 at 7:52 am

galinH

I am trying to: show products in my shop page in English and Russian and I'm also trying to translate the content of the product tab.

I expected to see: I updated the translations of the English shop page and it was visible, but once I switched to the Bulgarian version the content of the Bulgarian version was gone. The same applies for the Russian version of the shop page.
Regarding the translation of the content in the custom product tab - I can't translate it in Russian or English.

the shop page: hidden link
the same applies for the Russian version

This is one of the products I want to translate the content of the delivery tab: hidden link

August 9, 2019 at 1:11 pm #4370627

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Montevideo (GMT-03:00)

Hello,
Thank you for contacting WPML support.

1.- I would like to ask you to follow this steps:
- Create a full backup of the site before making any change.
- Go to Woocommerce -> Woocommerce Multilingual -> Status tab -> Fix all the errors.
- Update the translation of the products.
- Flush any cache memory that might exists.
- Re-save the permalink structure in Settings -> Permalinks

Could you tell me if the issue persists?

2.- Please increase the PHP Memory Limit. Minimum requirements are 128Mb: https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/
You can add this to wp-config.php to increase WP memory:

/** Memory Limit */
define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '128M');
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '128M' );

- Add it above the line /* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

Kind regards,
Carlos

August 11, 2019 at 8:01 pm #4377351

galinH

Hello,
thank you for your answer but the problem persists.

1. I've made all the translations in the Status tab except for one.
I made the translations of the products, but the problem is that I can't change the images in the description of the products as well as other information that I have made using WPBakery and to be honest I didn't want to translate some of the text but WPML wouldn't let me finish the translation so is it possible simply not to be obligated to translate everything? How can you help me with changing the pictures in the different languages? I have made new ones with different graphics but obviously I can't change them?
My client doesn't want to translate one of the products that's why I didn't made a translation. Is it possible not to translate a product and just show the translated products on the shop page?

2. I'm not sure that the permalinks are the way they are supposed to be. Where can I read more about that?

3. The memory limit is 256 mb so I guess that's okay.

P.S. I'm attaching photos of the missing translation of the product I told you in 1. and a photo of the product update.

August 12, 2019 at 7:02 am #4378659

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi there
Thank you very much for your message.

I'm sorry but I got a little bit lost in your previous message. Could you confirm if the original issue -the translation of custom product tab- is solved?

Regards,
Carlos

August 15, 2019 at 7:24 am #4399273

galinH

No, it's not solved as well as the other issues that I have.

I will very much appreciate it if you answer my questions and help with the problems I have.

As far as I can see the original issues are two and you are not helping me with either one of them.

August 15, 2019 at 6:10 pm #4402911

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi,

I would like to ask you to update all outdated plugins and themes in the site before I double check if the issue persists. This way we will rule out any possible conflict in the code that has been solved already.

Could you tell me if the issue persists after the steps above?
Regards,
Carlos

August 22, 2019 at 1:31 pm #4439745

galinH

I updated everything and it's still not working. Could you please log into the website and fix all the issues that I have?

September 1, 2019 at 10:49 am #4492391

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi,
It seems that this ticket got automatically closed.

I visited the site and I can see that the last tab is not translated yet. In this case I would like to ask you to go to WPML -> String Translation -> Search for "Доставка" (see attached image) -> Translate the string and save the changes (don't forget to select the 'translation is complete' option).

Could you confirm that the issue is solved?

Regards,
Carlos